6000 deal

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Why does it seem like DirectTv offers superior picture quality. Who told you that. I subscribe to Dish. I have a 65" HD TV and my sd quality is pretty good on my 65" tv. There are always people who are going to be unhappy , no matter which service they subscribe to. People like to bitch. If you like sports, go with DirectTV. If you like better picture quality, go with Dish.

hyoshim,

I've seen both, and they each have really terrific picture quality compared to "regular" TV. You won't go wrong (IMHO) with either. I have Dish, because it had stuff 5 plus years ago that I wanted that DirecTV didn't have. I've quite frankly not bothered to even look at DirecTV. Who knows, maybe I'm missing something fantabulous. :shock:

Both services have "churn" of just over one percent, so folks tend to stay once they have selected. I suppose you could say the churn translates to a 99 to 1 vote that they're both good. Most newsgroups have comments which would translate to just about 99 to 1 "bad". ;)

The arguments about Dish vs DirecTV, XMRadio vs Sirius, and the like, are the modern equivalent of medieval scholars arguing about the number of Angels who could dance on the head of a pin. :p

You'll go nuts if you wait for "the next best thing". There's always something better available (usually just after I buy the predecessor). :( Just get something, you won't regret it.

There are probably lots of folks who disagree with me on this, and that's OK. That's why we have the forum. :?

Thanks Tahoerob!

Tahoerob said:
AWESOME!
I called, today,the CS for the Executive Office after his email to me.
I am getting the 6000u for $149 INSTALLED! I am also getting the 8vsb for the cost of S\H ($8.95)!

Because of your message I emailed and asked for the same deal (I'm on the DHP, too.) They called me today and my installation is set for Sunday.

I'm glad Dish Network decided to include us little people in this deal.

-Ryan in CO

Re: Thanks Tahoerob!

flamtap said:
Tahoerob said:
AWESOME!
I called, today,the CS for the Executive Office after his email to me.
I am getting the 6000u for $149 INSTALLED! I am also getting the 8vsb for the cost of S\H ($8.95)!

Because of your message I emailed and asked for the same deal (I'm on the DHP, too.) They called me today and my installation is set for Sunday.

I'm glad Dish Network decided to include us little people in this deal.

-Ryan in CO

I wonder if the exec. office CSR are scratching their heads as to why the sudden influx of emails & calls! ;) ;)

I guess they need to read these forums too. :)

Robert

From what Mark had told me Charlie didn't know off hand how much the promotion was and someone in the audience (a DISH employee) yelled out $99.

I got the $149 deal. I've been with DISH since summer of last year.

Its being installed Saturday and they're shipping me my OTA tuner card for free.

Mark had said that their office (Executive VP Office) was overwhelmed with e-mails and calls about this.

Anyone get charged when they ordered, or are they charging at the actual install date? My credit card has not been charged yet. My install dat is the 21st. I ordered the 6000 a few days ago.

:?: With 6000U, can you stretch the SD signal in 4:3 to fill 16:9? I have SONY 34xbr800 and I do not like black side bars.

Thanks!

Check your receiver set up. Make sure it's set for 16:9 and not 4:3

I'm getting the 6000u this weekend so I don't know for that particular model, but the 510 and 301 have that option.

I just got off the phone with E* sales guy and he said that this coming Saturday, they will offer DHP HD811 where you could lease 811. But I thought I read the thread that the 811 won't be available until Dec. ???

Hyo

Leasing is only for new DHP subscribers. Us existing subs don't qualify for them.

Hyo,

I have a 6000. It will also stretch or use grey bars rather than black. Some types of programming don't look good when stretched.

My plasma screen will also stretch, partial zoom, zoom, black bar, grey bar, or "cinema" (sides stretched, center normal width). You will probably want to play with various combinations of aspect ratios between your 811 and your TV to get the best (for you) picture.

Regardless of what you've been reading on forums, if Dish says they will send you an 811, ask them to do so. :D

How are people getting it for $99? The best they could do for me was $149. The Exec VP office told me that Charlie made an error on his chat show.

Is there any way to get the RGB port on the 6000 to work with the DVI-D port on the back of most HDTVs? Does anyone know of a conversion cable for that or component to DVI?

Shouldn't mistakes be honored ? You go to the store and Milk rings up 10Cents . It's not like they will charge you the real price .

But they did admit it, when I e-mailed and talked with Mark Duffy. He said that it was a mistake and they gave me the 6000 deal at the exclusive offer price even though I only qualified for the $199 version of the deal. He even billed me for it instead of making me pay up front for it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)