6000 deal

Neutron said:
But they did admit it, when I e-mailed and talked with Mark Duffy. He said that it was a mistake and they gave me the 6000 deal at the exclusive offer price even though I only qualified for the $199 version of the deal. He even billed me for it instead of making me pay up front for it.

When I talked to him, the deal was originally $199 fpr DHP subs, but then they decided to make it $149 across the board. HOWEVER, as we now know the regular CSR will tell the DHP subs NOT ELIGIBLE. Then a few posters were kind enough to inform us of the ceo@dishnetwork email request workaround!! When I talked to Duffy, he made it sound like the given price was $149 now. They do seem to be working hard to NOT get rid of the 6000 inventory by adding the hoops of fire to jump through!!

Robert

Mine was supposed to be installed today.
HOWEVER, they are OUT OF STOCK! WHAT!?!?

Now I may need to wait 1-2 weeks.

I even called the Exec. office 866# & she too confirm a current OUT OF STOCK.

Maybe the deal will be too good to be true if they are truly running out. Or its a ploy to wait until the 811 is out to not sell 6000 for cheap.

Robert

Mine is for next Friday. I have to take a day off from work to be there and will be furious if they cancel on the day of the install.

How can I find out the day before if it will happen or not?

Tahoerob said:
HOWEVER, they are OUT OF STOCK!

Isn't this a good thing?
I thought the current theory was that the 811 was delayed not because
it wasn't ready, but rather because they were holding it back until they
could unload their warehouse full of 6000s. If they really are reaching
the end of their supply then 811 production will roll forward at full steam.
Maybe Dec. 1st will be real after all.

zvogt said:
Tahoerob said:
HOWEVER, they are OUT OF STOCK!

Isn't this a good thing?
I thought the current theory was that the 811 was delayed not because
it wasn't ready, but rather because they were holding it back until they
could unload their warehouse full of 6000s. If they really are reaching
the end of their supply then 811 production will roll forward at full steam.
Maybe Dec. 1st will be real after all.

Its not good for those of us who have already ordered and PAID for the 6000s.

Matt_Stevens said:
Mine is for next Friday. I have to take a day off from work to be there and will be furious if they cancel on the day of the install.

How can I find out the day before if it will happen or not?

Two ways:
1. if you know who your local Dish distributor is (installed current setup), call them. they should have been contacted by Dish to setup appt.
2. Call Dish CSR, they can look up what retailer would\should have gotten your order.

Best to call day before at least!

Robert

Did Mark send all of them out 2 day? I still havent gotten mine, but he did place the order Wednesday night, so that is probably why. I haven't gotten a call from the DISH installer, High Power Tech, so I'm assuming that its still a go for tomorrow.

Tahoerob, did the installer call you to tell you that it was out of stock or did DISH, or did you call to find out?

Well, I just got the infamous call from my installer saying that they had to reschedule my install of the 6000u tomorrow because they didn't get their shipment from DISH, and the guy told me that DISH didn't even have anymore from their central office. They had to order them from the manufacturer. I thought they were no longer being made? My install has been rescheduled for next Saturday the 22nd. Is there anything we can do?

6000 install cancelled

I ordered a 6000 Wednesday and received a call today at noon that they would be out tomorrow to do the install. They called back at 6:00pm and said they had made a mistake and they were out of stock. The installer said he would call when they came in. I think I will call dish and cancel. I was getting the 6000 to hold me over until the 921 comes out. Now I don't think it is worth it.

Todd

The CSR at the Exec VP office (where Mr. Duffy works) told me that he will get back in touch with me tomorrow once he talks with the local installer and he's also going to check and see what they can do if it is in fact that they ran out of 6000u's about giving me an 811 upgrade instead for the same price. (doubt that will happen though.)

Update: According to that same CSR from Exec VP Office, he checked their inventory and he said after confirming with another colleague that there is a major shortage of the 6000u and they don't know when/if they will get anymore in. He said that he didn't know if this was because of the 811 coming out. He did say that corporate might make a decision as to allow people who ordered the 6000u who haven't gotten them yet to get the 811 in place of it. He said that he couldn't promise anything but that could happen.

I just emailed Dish to try and weasel the $99 offer out of them...

Also, what other hardware is required (related to the external dish and switches) and is that part of the $149/$99 deal Charlie mentioned on the Chat?.....I have a Dish 500

Ransack said:
I just emailed Dish to try and weasel the $99 offer out of them...

First you will only get a the $149 deal, IF it still is going to be valid. Now that the 6000 seems to be out of stock, it may be a mute point.

Ransack said:
Also, what other hardware is required (related to the external dish and switches) and is that part of the $149/$99 deal Charlie mentioned on the Chat?.....I have a Dish 500

I was told that it INCLUDED all required switches, LNBs, and\or adapters depending on your current install & # of receivers. You will need another Dish pointed at 61.5 to get HBO HD, SHO HD, CBS HD (if qualify), and +/- PPV HD (see http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/programming/hdtv/hdtv_prog/index.shtml )

Robert

Neutron said:
Did Mark send all of them out 2 day? I still havent gotten mine, but he did place the order Wednesday night, so that is probably why. I haven't gotten a call from the DISH installer, High Power Tech, so I'm assuming that its still a go for tomorrow.

Tahoerob, did the installer call you to tell you that it was out of stock or did DISH, or did you call to find out?

YES, it was 2 day UPS but I ordered in the AM.

Hopefully, if by stroke of luck we do ge tthe 811 at reduced price, we should just keep the 8vsb & sell of ebay!

Robert

Re: 6000 install cancelled

ToddG said:
... The installer said he would call when they came in. I think I will call dish and cancel.... Todd

WAIT!!!!!!!!!
Wait until we hear how they are going to resolve the issue. IF by chance we do get the 811 then for Gods sake DO NOT CANCEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is what I think we should do:

I agree with Tahoerob, we should all not cancel our orders just yet. This gives us bargaining power to work with on getting the 811 in its place.

Second, I think when Monday rolls around those of us who's installs have been cancelled should call Mark Duffy again and get an explanation of whats going on with the 6000 inventory.

Third, if he does confirm that they do indeed have a shortage, then we should recommend that in order for us to stay loyal to DISH, they should make good and give us the 811 in its place since this is a DISH screw up.

What do yall think?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)