6000 deal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Ransack said:
I just emailed Dish to try and weasel the $99 offer out of them...

Also, what other hardware is required (related to the external dish and switches) and is that part of the $149/$99 deal Charlie mentioned on the Chat?.....I have a Dish 500

I just called and ordered a 6000 from Dish - CSR told me I needed a quad LNB in place of my SW64 (no thank you) and it would be provided as part of the install (no thank you - just ship it). The unit is supposedly being sent Monday by 2nd Day Air.

The deal he offered was a used 6000 for $149, or a new 6000 for $199. I wonder what, if anything, I will be getting?

Wayne

Anonymous said:
Ransack said:
I just emailed Dish to try and weasel the $99 offer out of them...

Also, what other hardware is required (related to the external dish and switches) and is that part of the $149/$99 deal Charlie mentioned on the Chat?.....I have a Dish 500

I just called and ordered a 6000 from Dish - CSR told me I needed a quad LNB in place of my SW64 (no thank you) and it would be provided as part of the install (no thank you - just ship it). The unit is supposedly being sent Monday by 2nd Day Air.

The deal he offered was a used 6000 for $149, or a new 6000 for $199. I wonder what, if anything, I will be getting?

Wayne

I would call and ask another CSR. I did the same deal for $149 but yesterday was told that my install for today was cancelled because DISH ran out of stock. I would call back and verify the install. Call the Exec VP office for a more accurate answer.

6000 shortage

Could one of you please email me Mark's number at dish so that I can call them on Monday.

Thanks, Todd

I just got off the phone with a CS rep at Dish. I asked about the $149 model 6000 deal. She said they were refurb units and didn't have all the features of their upcoming 811, which she said i may want to wait for.

Now, she said there would be an upgrade offer for current subscribers for the 811 for around $300. However, i will say this...she also said i may want to wait for the 811 because it will have a 120GB hard drive and that i would be able to record HD programming. We all know she is thinking about the 921 (even though she was way off on the HD spec). So, i am wondering what the $300 upgrade offer will be for- the 811 or 921 or neither??? She also said the 600 deal goes thru the end of January.

I think i will hold out for the 921 as its got everything i want in a receiver. I know that Dish is probably trying to get rid of all their 6000 in inventory before they announce any upgrade deals on their new models.

They do read them. They also know that their HD subscribers represent a very small number of their totals, and of those, only a fraction read the forums - so if 20 or 30 people find out about the deal on the forum, so what.

You'd be amazed at how many lurkers are out there. I know for a fact that the engineering departments of all our local stations, as well as the VP of Service at our local cable company, and a large number of Dish/DirecTV engineers/marketing folks read these forums on a daily basis.

I'm sure Scott can agree - which is why he always says to post your feedback to Dish in a constructive way on the forum.

E* stopped my 6000 order last week without telling me. Or I should say, an idiot CSR who had no idea what she was doing put a stop to it because she was, well, an absolute idiot. Now it's all screwed up and they cannot figure out how to get it back, because it is a "one time offer." So I am forced to call my contact deep inside E* to get this squared away. I've had to call this guy just about every week for the last 5 weeks because of E* screwups.

Unreal. :(

What one time deal?

To those that are calling Mark today (including myself), please post what he told you on here. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

6000u install successful

The installer showed up within the window Sunday with the 6000u and the 8vsb module. Apparently they had one in or near Colorado. He said I was supposed to get a remanufactured one but got a new one instead.

The HD channels seem to have the colors off by a bit. Has anyone else noticed this? Is there an adjustment I can make with the 6000, or do I need to make the adjustments in the monitor?
Flesh tones look very grey, and yellows have too much green.

Have to call and get CBS-HD turned on today. The Dish Net computers were "down" all yesterday.

Is there any chance of getting the HD channels to show up in the guide on my 501, so I can look
at what's on the HD channels without switching over to the 6000?

-R

You're one of the lucky ones. My installer told me on Friday that there were 4 of these orders for the 6000 in my area that he had to cancel because of out of stock issues with DISH.

This should be an interesting day in Mr. Duffy's office.

Okay, I just got off the phone with Mr. Duffy, and my installer should be getting 5 6000's in tomorrow, and so my appointment is moved up to Thursday.

My OTA module should be here today. :)

I just got off the phone with the dish installer. He did receive a 6000
receiver and is ready to do the install.

Todd

John Corn said:
I just confirmed my appointment, my 6000 is getiing installed tomorrow.

Also reconfirmed for Thurs.

NO, the HD channels cannot be made available in the 501. JUST USE THE REMOTE!!!!!!!!

Robert

ps. I will be having a Samsung 151 available starting Friday!!!

extra 8vsb

UPS delivered my 8vsb yesterday. Interesting, because the installed brought one that is already in the recvr.

Guess I'll hold onto it for awhile and see if Dish notices or cares.

-R

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts