6000 deal

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I just ordered one, they seemed to have no problems taking it. They volunteered the free 8vsb adapter before I could ask about it.

Neutron said:
tahoerob, aren't you getting yours installed today?

TOMORROW!!!!! 8) (Thurs.)

But I am planning to still watch the Victoria's Secret show tonight with my Sammy 151 OTA!!!!!!!!!

Robert

Fan noise

A complaint about the earlier versions of the 6000 with the 8vsb card was the noisy fan which ran continuously (even when the unit was turned off). Can someone who has a recently purchased/installed 6000 tell me if that is still an issue with the 6000? -- Albert

Re: Fan noise

Albert said:
A complaint about the earlier versions of the 6000 with the 8vsb card was the noisy fan which ran continuously (even when the unit was turned off). Can someone who has a recently purchased/installed 6000 tell me if that is still an issue with the 6000? -- Albert

It will always be an "issue" with the 6000/8VSB because that is the way the unit is designed. Fan noise levels vary between 8VSB cards, but they all make some noise. Your tolerance to it depends upon where the unit is located and how old the fan is (older fans tend to make more noise than newer ones).

My fan continues to run when the unit is turned off (actually in "Standy-by" mode). I noticed that it seems to be quieter if, before I shut down, I change from an OTA channel to a Dish channel.

8VSB fan noise

The funny thing about 6000u deal that I was given for $149 was that they were out of remanufactured 6000u's here so they installed a new one but when I received the 8VSB module it was a remanufactured one with a new fan in it. I can tell you the new fan in it is quiet and I hope it stays that way.

Hi,

The box it came in said remanufactured right on it which kind of surprised me because I expected that part to be new. I bet they had a bunch of returned 8VSB modules with noisy fans that they had to fix and decided to give them out which would make since or it could be the only way for them to put it in the computer for just charging shipping was as a replacement either way it works great.

Well, unfortunately for me the local installer missed 2 weeks in a row their shipment of 6000's so Mark Duffy had to overnight me one yesterday since my install date was cancelled twice now, and the local installer told him a lie. They also overnighted the legacy adaptor free of charge to me. I should have both today :) :)

Neutron said:
Well, unfortunately for me the local installer missed 2 weeks in a row their shipment of 6000's so Mark Duffy had to overnight me one yesterday since my install date was cancelled twice now, and the local installer told him a lie. They also overnighted the legacy adaptor free of charge to me. I should have both today :) :)

Got it installed yesterday afternoon. Of course the install guy said that this was the first 6000 that he installed by himself!!! He did talk to his super several times to get it right. At first they were going to charge me for using a DP adapter, but I promptly told them that the CO CSR says all parts INCLUDED!. So I got new DishPro twin LNBs on the Dish 500, New DP LNB on the 61.5 & a FREE DP adapter for the line run to the 6000 as well as a new 3:4 switch! Now I am actually fully setup for the 921 whenever it finally comes out. The 6000 is a second receiver along side my 501 for my Sony HDTV. The 6000 I got was new & not refurbished like some got. It did not already have the 8vsb so unfortunately no duplication.

The installer did forget to have the HD pack started! So I had to call back.

The Dish HD is great. The clarity is better than the OTA channels that I am getting. I agree Insectia was stunning. However the French guy does get annoying fast!!

The setup of OTA HD channels was easy & I like the % readout. Much better than the Samsung 151 which I am now selling on Ebay. I should be able to recoup my $149 easily!!!!

I did notice that keeping the 6000 set at 1080i was better than changing to 720p. My Sony's native is 768.

I am looking forward to daily great HD!! BTW, quiet FAN!

Robert

I got my receiver in and had to do the install myself since the local installer screwed up getting the receiver twice.

It wasn't hard at all. I even got the Legacy adaptor free. :) I love the HD programming.

Mine happened today. They took one look at my switches on the roof and said "that's gotta go", so they gave me a 64 and actually ended up replacing my dishes and LNB's! Now, I got legacy LNB's in replacement, but I went from having a duel on the 500 dish to having two duels. So that's cool.

The power inserter, 64 switch, two dishes and LNB's were all free. I paid zero.

The 6000 was NEW! :) The 8VSB module was also new, but amazingly the fan was quiet enough for me to tolerate. More :)

So all in all a good deal. The two installers were just Superdish trained and told me they won't be allowed to put the SD's on a roof, unless there is absolutely no way around it. They looked at the pole I dropped a week or two ago and said it was perfect for the SD. So another :), this time for me!

Neutron said:
I was told that I couldn't order SD since my locals are on 110.

To put it bluntly, if your locals are not on 105, you do not need a superdish at this time. There does not appear to be enough superdishes (and installers) available to give everyone that thinks that they want one at this time. Only when (and if) D* adds more HD and only puts it on 105 will you need a superdish.

This may seem like a silly question... How can I tell which sat I'm getting my local channels from?

waterdd said:
This may seem like a silly question... How can I tell which sat I'm getting my local channels from?

Try http://www.dishchannelchart.com/
Takes a while to load, but it has more info than you ever wanted to know.

I got mine today. New receiver. No 8VSB though, and didn't get a dishpro adapter.

The installer did cut off the ends of all my cables and replace them with water resistant ends.

After reading the deals that everyone was getting, I called to see what DishNetwork would do for me and my spartan 6000. I wanted to get the 8vsb and 8psk and I did for $8.95 shipping and a commitment to 1 year of Dish Network HD PAK (The ususally 109.89 for the HD PAK applies here.)

This should hold me until the 921s and Superdishes start to arrive.

Rick

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)