6000 deal

Anonymous said:
I would like to know more details of it, any links etc?

You will probably have to call Dish and see if the promo is still in effect after Oct. 31 dead line. Rumer is that it is still active for $199 and a 1 year commitment to at50 or higher.

I actually called them two days ago and got the deal for 149. They also did not charge me even for shipping for the OTA module. I was told that since I am an old customer, I have no committments to fulfill for this deal. Free installation in a different room if I wanted. It is schedule for tomorrow.

I was waiting for 921, but the more I thought about it the more I could not resist this deal. I figured that I will use it for few months, let the 921 come out and the bugs be fixed. I can then sell this on ebay and get 921.

Same here. Did it today. $149. Install is Friday of next week. Hopefully they will bring the switches needed, since my two SW21's won't be enough now with the 510 (arrived Wed) and the 6000 added to my gear.

Matt_Stevens said:
Same here. Did it today. $149. Install is Friday of next week. Hopefully they will bring the switches needed, since my two SW21's won't be enough now with the 510 (arrived Wed) and the 6000 added to my gear.

Does the $149 INCLUDE installing the dishpro adapter??
What about a SUperDish add on??
What kind of deal did you get for the HD package?

Robert

CATCH!

I just called CS. The $149 deal is only for those customers who have PURCHASED receivers in the past & are adding or upgrading. When I got Dish a couple of years ago, I LEASED my 301 & 501 from them. Thus, I am not eligible to get the $149 deal. If I want a 6000, its the listed $499!!!

Robert :(

Robert call again and talk to a different CSR you should get a different story. Its begining to look like Charlie has to sell out of 6000 before he will release the 811. Seeing production of the 6000 was discontinued in July of 2002 there seems to be a lot of unsold inventory.

Anonymous said:
Robert call again and talk to a different CSR you should get a different story. Its begining to look like Charlie has to sell out of 6000 before he will release the 811. Seeing production of the 6000 was discontinued in July of 2002 there seems to be a lot of unsold inventory.

Ok, I called TWICE.
CSR#1 said that I did not "qualify" but he was not really sure why!?!?

CSR#2 actually tried to look up all promotions BUT saw that I am a Digital Home Plan customer (meaning I lease the boxes).
The DHP DISQUALIFIES me from the 6000 promo. I beet by the time DHP customers can get a $149 6000, the 811 & 921 will truly be available. This almost temps me to get the Voom service, but current forum input has been mixed (but improving).

Robert :rolleyes:

I was told my install will include any LNB's and switches I need, but that more than likely I will get the older 64 switch and a quad LNB and not the power inserterwith 34. No idea why, since I'll need those two when I go Superdish. Whatever. I don't really care.

Tahoerob said:
CSR#2 actually tried to look up all promotions BUT saw that I am a Digital Home Plan customer (meaning I lease the boxes).
The DHP DISQUALIFIES me from the 6000 promo.

Hey Rob...you won't get a $149 6000u, but if you keep pressing, they will eventually let you have it for $199 on the DHP plan. At least they did for me (and other people on the forums).

I called 4 different CSR's and was told no everytime.

I finally sent an e-mail asking for the deal, got the "Not available for DHP customers" response and then I replied back complaining. I ended up getting a phone call from someone at Dish Corporate Headquarters offering me the $199 deal. I assume the CSR forwarded my reply e-mail to them.

Also - remember to ask for the 8VSB module...that should be free

I have read that others had luck using the e-mail address ceo@dishnetwork.com (or something like that). Explain you know that other DHP members have gotten the $199 deal.

I haven't heard of any DHP customers qualifying for the $149 deal, though...

ScottBA said:
I have read that others had luck using the e-mail address ceo@dishnetwork.com (or something like that). Explain you know that other DHP members have gotten the $199 deal.

I just got an email reply from using the ceo one. I got that hint too from another forum!!
Thanks for info!

Here is the email:
Dear Mr. Ancker,

Thank you for your recent e-mail regarding the Model 6000U HDTV receiver. Please call me at the toll free number below to discuss this matter. This Promotion did not originally apply to Digital Home Plan customers; however we will allow DHP customers to participate in the promotion on an exception basis.

I work from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM Mountain Time and my off days are Saturday and Sunday. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Robert

EMAIL SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ScottBA said:

AWESOME!
I called, today,the CS for the Executive Office after his email to me.
I am getting the 6000u for $149 INSTALLED! I am also getting the 8vsb for the cost of S\H ($8.95)!

Scheduled for FRIDAY!!!

This is MUCH better than paying $600 for a 6000u w\8vsb normally. I can then resell on Ebay later after I get a 921!

Robert

I just ordered the 6000u, it was $149.00 including installation and it does incude bothe 8psk and 8vsb modules. It also will include the dishpro adapter, installation is next Tuesday.

Help me choose between D* and E*

I do not subscribe any satellite service yet. It seems like Directv offers superior picture quality and customer service. Can any dishnet subscriber tell me anything positive please? I'm thinking of joining the dishnet crowd just because of the low cost point. I would like to get some positive reinforcement before I do.

hyoshim, Welcome to satelliteguys. :wavey:

Both satellite services are good, choose which company that suits your programming needs.

I find picture quality to be about the same, no matter who you pick.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts