61.5 + 110 and 119

mdonnelly

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 26, 2004
Mustang, OK
I have a DP500 with the quad LNB. So if, for some reason, Dish decides to put something I want on the satellite at 61.5, what do I need to add to my system in order to get access? I have one 811 and two 311's, but one of the 311's may soon morph into another 811.

Also a question about this. I currently have a Dish 500 with a DP Twin lnb and one 811. I have an old Directv dish with single lnb sitting in the garage. Would a DP21 switch allow me to use the directv dish for a wing slot dish??

dispatcher_21 said:
Also a question about this. I currently have a Dish 500 with a DP Twin lnb and one 811. I have an old Directv dish with single lnb sitting in the garage. Would a DP21 switch allow me to use the directv dish for a wing slot dish??
Most Directv dishes have rectangular feed tubes and won't accept the "D" tube that DISH uses (Hughes were the exception) so Dish Pro Lnbs won't fit Directv without destructive modification.
:)

DP Twin, DP Dual, DP 34 (less wiring)
OR 3 Leg Duals and a SW64 (more wiring)
Dish will not trade for parts. If you have an installer come to give you the must carry (61.5) he will install the correct equipment and RA the Quad. Here in Fla customers get the 3rd orbital location programing for free. So if it is a local or extended local, like Dish calls it, tell Dish you would like a must carry. Then It's free.

Oh yeah - DNSC won't trade for parts. Humans usually do, tho. ;) But what I was actually talking about was dealing with your friendly local full-service retailer - not a fulfillment hack shop, either.

Keeping Voom dish for 61.5?

I am betting that when Voom actually folds it will not be worth their money to come to deinstall the dish and receiver. I am getting a Dish install Saturday, so perhaps I should have them leave the Voom dish up there so I can use it later for Dish reception at 61.5

dispatcher_21 said:

Your DTV dish will work for 61.5, connect the sw21 inputs to both dishes, point the DTV dish at 61.5 & run check switch. On My 811, not only did it identify the Dish Pro feed, it also found the sw21. Works great for CBS HD & Dish HD promo, (thats all I can get on 61.5).

KyInstaller said:
Your DTV dish will work for 61.5, connect the sw21 inputs to both dishes, point the DTV dish at 61.5 & run check switch. On My 811, not only did it identify the Dish Pro feed, it also found the sw21. Works great for CBS HD & Dish HD promo, (thats all I can get on 61.5).
Wrong. D* equipment will NOT work with E* DishPro. Period. Looks like it's time to explain why.

A receiver configured for DishPro will send 18V which forces a D* or Legacy LNB into sending the even transponders on the low band (950-1450MHz). DP ALWAYS has odd transponders there, and even ones are at 1650-2150MHz. Ain't gonna work.

Conversely, if the receiver is in Legacy mode, if the DP LNB works at all at 13V (some will, some won't), it's still going to send the even transponders on the high band - but the receiver won't be looking there. Ain't gonna work.

Also, "installer" note that there's a difference between a DP21 and a SW21.

I've got a Dish500 for 110/119 and Dish 300 for 61.5. Signal runs through splitters to two SW64 switches to feed my five receivers. Right now CBS HD and a few New York locals are all that I watch on 61.5, but I am hopeful that the V* satellite will be put to good use soon to expand our channels........

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts