61.5 Addition Advice??

js6425

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
Milwaukee, WI
Okay, right now I have a dish 1000.2 installed on our roof. There is a unused dish 500 in our garage unused (no lnbs, just the assembled dish). The mount from when it was on our roof is still on our roof now. What would I need to setup this old 500 on our roof, so we can get 61.5 when the milwaukee hd locals are turned on:D. I'm trying to determine whether it would be cheaper to have an installer come out and do it for $60 (I'm not extending my contract 2 years:eek:) or to purchase the necessary equipment and hook it up myself. Thanks!
PS: I'm also posting this in the regular forum for more exposure, so please respond there.

Last edited:
All you need is a DP single or dual lnb ( not a twin ) and you can get an I adapter from the dish store for a few bucks to adapt the lnb to the 500 dish ( round to square ) then place your dish for clear LOS ( line of sight ) and run your cable from the 61.5 dish to the Lnb in port on your 1000.2 dish and then go to receiver and do a check switch test ( menu 6, 1, 1 ) and then fine tune your 61.5 dish ...DONE...

you can use the old y adapter from the 500 dish but it doesn't look great with only one lnb in it plus the i adapter centers the lnb and focal point and make it easier to point your dish in the correct azimuth (side to side)

I'm in the same boat as the OP in that I have an old Dish 500 in the garage (and my HD locals are going up on 61.5 in the next few weeks). I'm fairly certain I have a 1000.2 up now but I'm going to double check today. Are there good resources for finding where (which direction) to point the dish to 61.5? I haven't the slightest clue of where to begin. I live in Knoxville, TN btw.

You should be able to select menu 6-1-1 point dish screen. highlight satellite, select 61.5, highlight dish, select 300, enter your zip code and the info will be displayed to let you point your dish to 61.5...good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)