61.5 Addition Advice??

js6425

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
Milwaukee, WI
Okay, right now I have a dish 1000.2 installed on our roof. There is a unused dish 500 in our garage unused (no lnbs, just the assembled dish). The mount from when it was on our roof is still on our roof now. What would I need to setup this old 500 on our roof, so we can get 61.5 when the milwaukee hd locals are turned on:D. I'm trying to determine whether it would be cheaper to have an installer come out and do it for $60 (I'm not extending my contract 2 years:eek:) or to purchase the necessary equipment and hook it up myself. Thanks!

Okay, right now I have a dish 1000.2 installed on our roof. There is a unused dish 500 in our garage unused (no lnbs, just the assembled dish). The mount from when it was on our roof is still on our roof now. What would I need to setup this old 500 on our roof, so we can get 61.5 when the milwaukee hd locals are turned on:D. I'm trying to determine whether it would be cheaper to have an installer come out and do it for $60 (I'm not extending my contract 2 years:eek:) or to purchase the necessary equipment and hook it up myself. Thanks!
LNB 30-35 dollars on Solid Signal website plus whatever cable you may need. I don't have a 1000.2 so I don't know if you will need switch. And don't forget the shipping if you order it. Check the Radio Shack website, they may have an lnb and you won't have to pay shipping.

LNB 30-35 dollars on Solid Signal website plus whatever cable you may need. I don't have a 1000.2 so I don't know if you will need switch. And don't forget the shipping if you order it. Check the Radio Shack website, they may have an lnb and you won't have to pay shipping.
It depends on how many receivers he has.

For example, if he only has a single Vip622, the 1000.2 has all the hardware he needs to daisy chain a wing dish. So as you posted, he would only need the LNB and a length of coax to connect the two LNBs.

BUT FWIW many members have reported getting Dish to install their wing dish free without a 24 mo commitment -- i.e. me :) YMMV

Talon Dancer

Last edited:
Currently I have a 622 and a 211 hooked up to my 1000.2. The 322 is not being used right now. Would I need a switch or a more demanding installation? Maybe I should just get it installed by a technician. Definitely don't want another 24 months...

It depends on how many receivers he has.

For example, if he only has a single Vip622, the 1000.2 has all the hardware he needs to daisy chain a wing dish. So as you posted, he would only need the LNB and a length of coax to connect the two LNBs.

BUT FWIW many members have reported getting Dish to install thier wing dish free without a 24 mo commitment -- i.e. me :) YMMV

Talon Dancer

Its has been standard for years for them to offer a free wing dish if you require it for your service (hd/local etc). But I always missed such deals, installing my 61.5 dish in NY (2000) before they were giving them away.

Its has been standard for years for them to offer a free wing dish if you require it for your service (hd/local etc). ...
I Know. But that wasn't the initial response from 2 different CSRs:( So I haggled a little. And Dish saw the light :)

FWIW I posted the transcript of the tech chat where I was offer a wing dish for $59.99 or a 2 yr commitment.

Talon Dancer

If what you have is working now with a 1000.2, it will still work after adding another dish with single or dual dishpro LNBF to the LNB-IN port of the 1000.2 LNBF assembly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts