61.5 down? South Asian Mega Pack not available

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hvarma2008

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 8, 2008
Johnston, IA
I am not able to get any of my South Asian channels that are on 61.5.
I get the acquiring signal screen and it cannot find the signal.
Does anyone know? I am in Des Moines IA if that makes any difference.
Any satellite eclipses in progress?

Update:
I am getting all my HD channels and half of the south asian channels on 61.5.
Channels 617, 619, 624 and 584 are all out. When I go to those channels I get the "Signal has been lost" screen.

Should be fixed now. It appears Transponder 12 on 61.5 went belly up, there was just an uplink and all those channels affected were moved to Transponder 21. Might need to do a check switch.

Should be fixed now. It appears Transponder 12 on 61.5 went belly up, there was just an uplink and all those channels affected were moved to Transponder 21. Might need to do a check switch.
Why ? Is some sat changed position ?

Check switch establishing connection/path thru switches/ports/LNBF and sats. Transponders are describe by SI tables streaming from sats.

Last edited:
In English terms...as long as the channels stayed on the same satellite, no check switch in needed :)

And furthermore, a signal strength check using my 722 shows that transponder 12 is still there, even though it may have no channels at the moment.

It's FW allow you to select the #12, not that as you formulated "my 722 shows that transponder 12 is still there".

Just a number in your 722 FW menu list. Check also photoman post in other thread related to 61.5W tp12 in Uplink forum.

Well, wording, wording ...

But the keywords was "on the same satellite"; it's incorrect limitation - doesn't matter where channel(s) moving, on same sat or to different sat - switch matrix will not change and check switch routine will not required at all.
Re-read post#9.
Better stand corrected, then continue semantics pointing.

If they move to a different satellite (say 118.7) which requires him to get a new dish then a check switch is required ;)

If they move to a different satellite (say 118.7) which requires him to get a new dish then a check switch is required ;)
Nice try to avoid acceptance of correction, but it's too late - read original post of jmccurrytech. And your own "as long as the channels stayed on the same satellite, no check switch in needed".

Too LATE.

give it up smitty....seriously you're arguing with me over nothing when the original question was answered a long time ago.

Channels moved transponders and the OP has his channels back :)
Isnt that all that matters? Obviously to you it doesnt

I'm not 'smitty';
it was you who came after original advice being sorted out.
And you don't have guts to accept your own incorrect statement.

Arguing ? With you ? What is you ? This time just a "wiggler". :D

Since all you want to do is fill the topic with off topic bs. I'm not going to argue with you. Original question answered long time ago

thread closed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)