61.5 or 129 in AZ

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Rommel

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 21, 2006
I'm having my 622 installed next week in suburban Phoenix. My plan was to change my service address after installation to receive Chicago HD's on sat 129.
I just created my account on the Dishnetwork website and clicked on HD programming and it listed all the packages with sat coordinates 61.5, 110, and 119. I believe FSN AZ might be at 61.5 or maybe there is some other reason why they would use 61.5 here.
Does this mean that the dish or dishes will not be aimed at 129? I would appreciate any suggestions as to how I can make sure 129 is targeted once my installation is complete. Would it be too risky to tell the installer my intentions?

I've never installed in Phoenix but apparantly the reason they use the 61.5 vs 129 is to get a better signal strength for HD. So, if you can't get the Chicago channels on 61.5, just ask the guy. It will depend on which satellite you have a better LOS for, and you'll probably end up with a weaker signal(not sure how much). I can't think of too many other reasons why he would care which satellite he uses, if he's going there expecting to put up two dishes anyway. And I think theres probably more risk in posting your intentions on the web than there is of talking with the installer about it. I know I wouldn't care.

Thank you Roadwarrior and Digiblur. I guess your right Digiblur about moving the dish myself later on if I want to. "Moving" might be more of a hassle than its worth. My wife wants the Phoenix locals. It was tough enough convincing her to drop cable for Dishnetwork.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)