61.5 Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bpickell

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 16, 2005
I have done searches and I am coming up empty. I keep seeing people refering to 61.5 and I have no clue what it is. Is it a Satellite, a dish, or what? If it is a dish, what kind 61.5 inches in diameter? I'm so confused.

It's not in the glossary either.

It's a satellite location that currently has the VOOM programming on it (among other things).
Tom in TX

It's the same as 110, 119, and 148: all refer to different satellite locations (birds) that broadcast E* content.

61.5 is not viewable by those in the extreme west of the US (Hawaii, Alaska, & some areas of WA, OR, and CA) so much of the content is mirrored onto 148, which can be seen by those of us who have a hard time seeing 61.5.

Alas, the powers that be at E* haven't mirrored the Voom stuff on 148, limiting the availability of the extra HD content. That gets a double boo-hoo from me. :( x2

Thanks for all the replies, this has been very confusing. I kept hearing that you need 61.5 to get VOOM. But no one ever said what it was. I thought it was a satellite, but when they say it that way it almost sounds like a dish.

61.5° is the orbital position of the satellite (see http:ekb.dbstalk.com/300). A dish pointed at that satellite can be referred to as a 61.5 dish. So it is a dish and it is the location of a satellite. Since both pieces are needed that gets reduced to "you need 61.5 to get VOOM."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)