61.5 repoint to 129

I used transponder 21. It has the "Congratulations You're at orbital slot 129" or something to that effect... but like Digi said, anything that has an active channel :)

I'm not positive on this but make sure you aren't using an QPSK TP on 61.5 that is 8PSK on 129, you might not ever find signal since the tuner will be looking for a QPSK signal and not 8PSK.

Hello all.First post here.Quick question on the thread here.I have a 61.5/110/119 dish.Am I supposed to be getting a signal from 129 if I haven't moved my sat. yet?Screen says -Wrong sat-Echostar 119 West with a signal of 75 on transponder 21.Don't flame me too bad, i looked through the thread and didn't see anything.But I am new at this.Thanks for your help!

Hello all.First post here.Quick question on the thread here.I have a 61.5/110/119 dish.Am I supposed to be getting a signal from 129 if I haven't moved my sat. yet?Screen says -Wrong sat-Echostar 119 West with a signal of 75 on transponder 21.Don't flame me too bad, i looked through the thread and didn't see anything.But I am new at this.Thanks for your help!

That's what mine said when trying to aim to 129 (the 61.5 wing dish)... cover the 119 LNB w/ foil, or run a single cable from the wing dish to the receiver when trying to aim to 129...

Ok... let me break this down for all of you.

First of all you have a Dish 500 pointed at 110/119. We will not be touching this dish.

1. Go to DishPointer.com, change it to satellite view, search for your address and move the marker to your house. Zoom in as close as you can. Change the satellite to 129 in the drop down. This will give you an idea of where to point the dish in relation to other things in your yard. You can also get the elevation of the dish from this page.

2. Now time to do the fun part. Grab a 7/16's wrench and permanent marker. Go to your 61.5 dish and draw a vertical line on the pole where the dish meets the pole. Start your line on the dish mount and end on the pole. This will help you put the dish back if you can't find 129. Also mark the elevation bolt.

3. Go to your satellite receiver, press Menu 6 1 1 for the Point Dish screen. Change it to 61.5 and Transponder 27 (transponder 27 is also active with HD on 129 at this time). Make sure you have a locked signal (you should as you were watching HD fine before right?).

4. Now you'll either need someone to watch the signal screen or drag a TV out to the dish. Which ever way you choose or come up with is fine, as long as you have access to the signal numbers at the dish.

5. Now loosen the bolts on the dish to move it side to side. Set the elevation at the angle Dishpointer.com told you.

6. Move the dish into the area where Dishpointer showed you.

7. Now slowly move the dish side to side as you watch the signal...slow slight adjustments is key! If you don't find the signal move the elevation a bit and swing it back and forth again. Keep trying each elevation until you find the 129 signal.

8. Now tweak the signal to the highest as possible. The signal will show Wrong Satellite of 129, that is perfectly fine. We will fix that. Just make sure it says 129 and not 110 or 119.

9. Now hit check switch. After the checks, you should now have 110/119/129 on your receiver.

10. Don't forget to tighten all the bolts down.

Boy, I got lucky, I didn't even think about the modulation, but luckily, T21 on 61.5 is QPSK too.... (wipes brow)
Hey Temp. How about giving us some signal readings when you check yours again this weekend. I am in eastern NC using a 30 inch dish for 61.5 and I may want to swing mine around. Thanks.

Hey Temp. How about giving us some signal readings when you check yours again this weekend. I am in eastern NC using a 30 inch dish for 61.5 and I may want to swing mine around. Thanks.

You'd blow it out the park with a 30 inch... NC is also in the 56 dbw area for 129. 56 dbw requires a 40cm dish. An 18inch dish is 46cm by the way. A 30 inch(75cm) would even work in the low signal area of 129 in Maine.

First of all you have a Dish 500 pointed at 110/119. We will not be touching this dish.

1. Go to DishPointer.com, change it to satellite view, search for your address and move the marker to your house. Zoom in as close as you can. Change the satellite to 129 in the drop down. This will give you an idea of where to point the dish in relation to other things in your yard. You can also get the elevation of the dish from this page.

2. Now time to do the fun part. Grab a 7/16's wrench and permanent marker. Go to your 61.5 dish and draw a vertical line on the pole where the dish meets the pole. Start your line on the dish mount and end on the pole. This will help you put the dish back if you can't find 129. Also mark the elevation bolt.

3. Go to your satellite receiver, press Menu 6 1 1 for the Point Dish screen. Change it to 61.5 and Transponder 27 (transponder 27 is also active with HD on 129 at this time). Make sure you have a locked signal (you should as you were watching HD fine before right?).

4. Now you'll either need someone to watch the signal screen or drag a TV out to the dish. Which ever way you choose or come up with is fine, as long as you have access to the signal numbers at the dish.

5. Now loosen the bolts on the dish to move it side to side. Set the elevation at the angle Dishpointer.com told you.

7. Now slowly move the dish side to side as you watch the signal...slow slight adjustments is key! If you don't find the signal move the elevation a bit and swing it back and forth again. Keep trying each elevation until you find the 129 signal.

8. Now tweak the signal to the highest as possible. The signal will show Wrong Satellite of 129, that is perfectly fine. We will fix that. Just make sure it says 129 and not 110 or 119.

9. Now hit check switch. After the checks, you should now have 110/119/129 on your receiver.

These instructions should be made a permanent sticky thread if it is not already.

You'd blow it out the park with a 30 inch... NC is also in the 56 dbw area for 129. 56 dbw requires a 40cm dish. An 18inch dish is 46cm by the way. A 30 inch(75cm) would even work in the low signal area of 129 in Maine.
Thanks Digi. With that info, I need to turn it anyway and rainfade would very seldom, if ever occur.:up

61.5 to 72.6 or 129 - better option?

I am a dish customer in Jamaica. Currently I have two 6ft dishes aimed at 61.5 and 110. I would like to access FSC in HD which is on 129 and 72.6. What would be my better option?

Thanks a ton! I followed your directions exactly and I can now watch the hew HD! However, the elevation markings on the side of my dish are about 10 degrees off.

Thanks for the detailed instructions Digi. I tried to repoint my Dish earlier today and was only listening for the tones rather than watching the signal. I am probably going to have to figure out how to run a dish out behind the tree line in the spring, bit according to the page provided I may get lucky. There is a hole between trees that may just be low enough to clear the 40 foot mark I need.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts