61.5 Signal Strength

strak82

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 2, 2011
Maine
Hi, everyone's been great on here, so many quick replies. I just noticed something today, I'm only getting a 14-15% signal strength on transponder 20 on 61.5 (the channels still work sometimes), the other transponders are better 40% or more and 72.5 is fine. I have a 1000.4 setup and I live in North Eastern Maine. I used a signal meter and the best I can get is 50% on it, could I be too far east and need a Dish 1000.5 or something? It's not a big deal, I still get the SD channels no problem if need be. Is 61.5 an older sat perhaps and lower powered? Anyway no big deal, was just curious. Thanks again.

Hi, everyone's been great on here, so many quick replies. I just noticed something today, I'm only getting a 14-15% signal strength on transponder 20 on 61.5 (the channels still work sometimes), the other transponders are better 40% or more and 72.5 is fine. I have a 1000.4 setup and I live in North Eastern Maine. I used a signal meter and the best I can get is 50% on it, could I be too far east and need a Dish 1000.5 or something? It's not a big deal, I still get the SD channels no problem if need be. Is 61.5 an older sat perhaps and lower powered? Anyway no big deal, was just curious. Thanks again.
Part of 61.5 is an older bird. Also the 2nd bird that is there wasn't built to be used at 61.5 so it's patterns are strange. Tp 20 is I'm pretty sure on the newer of the 2 birds. I'm getting 76 off it but I do have a .9 m dish that I use for it. That tp is a conus channel so don't know if it is cover Maine all that well. You might think about getting a stand alone 24" dish for 61.5 & covering up the LNB on the 1000.4.

The satellite that covers your area, and mine before I switched to Directv, has either slipped in it's orbit or it has been moved by Dish Network. I live near Buffalo NY and I was only getting a signal strength of 20 to 25 from 61.5, my locals would cut out if there was a cloud or light rain. I had the service provider for dish out to my house four times, on the last one the field service manager came out and explained the situation with the satellite either being moved or slipping in orbit. I asked him why should I stay if dish isn't going to fix it? He told me that he agreed with me, dish knows about the issue, but haven't fixed it. The issue started in May 2010 and dish has yet to fix it. Do you know which transponder(TP) your locals are on?

I switched to Directv in November 2010 and couldn't be happier. The picture is better, the sound is better, I love the multi-room viewing feature, and I have yet to have an issue with the signal strength. I have had major snow falling and my signal strength remained at the same level it was before the snow started.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)