61.5 to 129 for RNS-any loss

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

drjdan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Dallas, TX
I live in Dallas. Dish is coming out to repoint my second dish from 61.5 to 129 so I can get RSN Southwest.

1. They said everything that I get on 61.5 is duplicated on 129. Is that correct?

2. Are all the RSN around the country being put on 129?

3. What is the status of 61.5? Is it having problems?

1. All national hd channels are duplicated but the rsns can be different for each area. The 61.5 sat has more eastern city rsns.
2. NO some are on 129 and some are on 61.5 and it is usually tied to the hd locals. IF the hd locals are on 129 then the rsns are on 129 . Same for the 61.5 sat.
3. Nothing wrong at all with 61.5 except some areas of the western U.S. don't get good look angles for that satellite. Same is true for some southern areas for 129 sat.

There is one RSN lit up that is on 61.5. It is Fox FL. Do you subscribe to the MultiSport Pack?

I subsribe to the All American plan. I do receive the SD version of Fox RSN now (channel 416). What is the MultiPort Pack? Do I have to have it to get the HD version of Fox RSN?

I subsribe to the All American plan. I do receive the SD version of Fox RSN now (channel 416). What is the MultiPort Pack? Do I have to have it to get the HD version of Fox RSN?
No, you'll get it (FSN SW) automatically in Dallas, as long as you have the HD package, and a dish pointed at 129.

I live in Dallas. Dish is coming out to repoint my second dish from 61.5 to 129 so I can get RSN Southwest.

This is dumb. I know some Dish installers around Dallas have been pointing to 61.5 due to the better reception. In fact Dish tech support just argued with me this week about a Dish 1000, clearly indicating that in Dallas I was better off with 61.5, as that is what I already have.

Dish, put the stupid RSN Southwest on 61.5 too...

This is dumb. I know some Dish installers around Dallas have been pointing to 61.5 due to the better reception. In fact Dish tech support just argued with me this week about a Dish 1000, clearly indicating that in Dallas I was better off with 61.5, as that is what I already have....
I don't know if the signal is any worse in Dallas than it is up here, 200 miles North. I get 129 just fine, no dropouts, minimal rain fade, with the Dish 1000. 18 months now with this setup.

No, you'll get it (FSN SW) automatically in Dallas, as long as you have the HD package, and a dish pointed at 129.

However, the guide info shows that Foxsw HD(366) is showing different programs than foxsw sd(416). The hd channel is showng Houston basketball while the sd channel is showing Dallas basketball and the Houston game is blacked out in Texas. Hope it is a guide problem and not standard practice. See 4/9 evening schedule on EPG.

I tried moving my 61.5 dish over to pick up 129 and can't get anything. Now, I'm trying to move it back to 61.5 and I can't get anything (when I had a 104-105 signal before). How much is Dish charging you to have someone come out and repoint it to 129?

They are doing mine free with a 622 install. Another member is getting them to come and repoint at no charge.

I'm in Dallas and my installer instead of putting up a dish 1000 chose to add a second dish pointed to 61.5 during my upgrade in September to the 622. Now I guess I'm screwed out of FOXSW... Any suggestions for dealing with Dish since I'm within the 12 month window since they did the last upgrade?

I'm in Dallas and my installer instead of putting up a dish 1000 chose to add a second dish pointed to 61.5 during my upgrade in September to the 622. Now I guess I'm screwed out of FOXSW... Any suggestions for dealing with Dish since I'm within the 12 month window since they did the last upgrade?

Have Dish come out and repoint your 61.5 to 129

On my second attempt I called Technical support directly and they scheduled a repositioning appntmt to aim my 61.5 to the 129. She read her notes and it indicated Dish would be supporting this change!

This is very interesting as when I called to tech support, they told me that it was not possible for a 61.5 dish to be moved over to 129 and instead HAD to use a Dish 129. So please let us know how it turns out.

One thing I noticed from this thread, there are a lot of us from Dallas. I am up in Frisco, so I will be interested to hear what signal quality readings you get off of the sat as I am dying to get FSSW HD. If you were close, I would offer to come over and help try to get 129, but I too havent had any luck moving it over. By the end, I ended up moving it back to 61.5. I might hook up my spectrum Analyzer this weekend and see if I cant have some better luck.

On my second attempt I called Technical support directly and they scheduled a repositioning appntmt to aim my 61.5 to the 129. She read her notes and it indicated Dish would be supporting this change!

When you say a 61.5 can not be moved, do you mean without remounting to a different location? My understanding is the dishes are all the same.

I am in Dallas and they are scheduled to be out tomorrow (Saturday afternoon) to do my 622 install and do the repoint.

Same problem here. Live near Lawton okla and have a 300 pointed at 61.5. Called dish and a lady from India had no idea what I was talking about so I hung up and called tech support . He told me that it was a fairly simple task and gave me a 42 elevation and 207 azimuth to hit 129. He said and be sure to mark 61.5 incase you cant find 129 so I can at least get what I had and than call dish. Will atempt this monday when Im off.

I live in East Tennessee and I have a SuperDish (110,119,105) and a seperate Dish 300 (61.5). Dish Network has scheduled a free service call for Friday to replace the SuperDish with a Dish1000, so I can get 129 for FSNS.
My question is will I lose any signal strength with the Dish1000? Currently I have NO problems with drop outs with my current set up. I plan to keep the Dish 300 at 61.5 for Sky Angel.
My biggest concern is all the issues I have heard on this form concerning 129.

I think the only problem you will have is that the bird is not as strong as 61.5 However, to get the RSN HD.......it is so worth it. Now...if I was concerned about signal strenght....I would go ahead and put in a 24" dish instead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)