61.5 W question?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Ok thanks, I really was looking more for some spec sheet on the satellite's manufacturer.

I doubt if this information has ever seen the web (from my private files).

Rainbow 1 is a multi-configured satellite capable of transmitting a multitude of combinations of spot and Conus beams.

"Rainbow-l is a direct broadcasting satellite (DBS) capable of delivering up to 13 CONUS ("CONUS") frequencies or a larger number of frequencies via up to 22 spot beams from the licensed geostationary orbit nominal location at 61.5 West longitude (WL).

Various combinations of the CONUS and spot beams are possible. With the exception of Channel 24, each CONUS transponder may be switched independently into a multiplicity of spot beams and back to a single CONUS transponder.

Each spot beam may have its own, independent, programming. There will be up to 14 uplinks. A single uplink can serve one or more downlinks. When used in an all-spot beam configuration, the satellite is capable of operating over 100 DBS frequencies or providing more than 1000 standard TV channels using only 11 frequencies. This will provide local programming to up to 148 DMAs."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts