61.5 with DP dual LNB and 510

meralora100

Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
Here is what I have:

Dish 500 pointing at 61.5 with DP dual LNB. I ran one cable (no switch) to 301 receiver and ran check switch. Got an error message and was only able to see ODD polarity. I couldn't get all of my subscribed channels. So, I put in SW21 and connected 2 cables from LNB to SW21 with one cable run back to receiver. I was able to see all channels. I am confused... I thought I would only need cable run if I am using DP dual? Am I missing something here? The LNB is connected using "Y" arm. Would it make a difference if I use "I" arm?

I repeated the same setup as above but now used 510 receiver. I couldn't get signal at all. Do I need to change SW21 to DP21 if I use 510 receiver?

Thanks for the help

First of all, you can't mix legacy switches such as an SW21 with DP LNBs. A DP dual with a single cable should work fine for all 3-digit (DP-capable) Dish Network receivers. Don't know what went wrong the first time you tried this.

Would upgrading the cabling to RG-6 make a difference? I don't think my setup has RG-6 cables from satellite to receiver.

I don't think my setup has RG-6 cables from satellite to receiver.
Nobody does! ;) ;) ;) But you probably meant from dish antenna to receiver.

Yes, RG-6 is pretty much required. DP gear is bandstacked, which means both polarizations are present simutaneously on the coax, and everything (cables, barrels, plugs, etc) needs to be good to a little over 2GHz to pass the upper block of frequencies. I don't think RG-59 goes up that high.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)