611 with a crappy remote

Customgamer1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 23, 2006
I got a 611 and well it now works great but the controller sucks. I think I had the 911 before or the box that was HD but did not have the DVR. Anyways the controller works great switching between channels from the box but can't do crap when I try to control the TV with it. I try to switch the line of feed, turn on/off the TV or even turn up the sound without pushing the button at least 5 times. Do you think there is any way to adjust how it works? Or maybe it's broken? I bring up the old box because that controller worked great!!!

P.S. The old remote will not work with the new box.

Customgamer1 said:
I got a 611 and well it now works great but the controller sucks. I think I had the 911 before or the box that was HD but did not have the DVR. Anyways the controller works great switching between channels from the box but can't do crap when I try to control the TV with it. I try to switch the line of feed, turn on/off the TV or even turn up the sound without pushing the button at least 5 times. Do you think there is any way to adjust how it works? Or maybe it's broken? I bring up the old box because that controller worked great!!!

P.S. The old remote will not work with the new box.

611? 911? E* never had these reciever numbers.

You had a 921 and now have a 622, the remote your using now is an IR remote for tv and if your using the tv2 remote it is a uhf/ir remote. If the remote for tv isnt working your tv but it is the sat receiver then it is either that it is not programmed for the tv or there is an issue with your tv. If this is the tv2 remote then its possible that the remote is not programmed correctly for the tv or even programmed at all or is deffective. There is no adjustment for what your looking for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)