612 vs 722k?

One advantage of the 612: no need to have it hooked up to a phone/broadband connection. Both can take external hard drives so storage advantage of 722k is somewhat negated.

PIP. I cannot live with out it.

Pause live TV, swap to another channel, watch some time, swap back and play paused video.

Good to watch two programs at same time, skipping ads.

One advantage of the 612: no need to have it hooked up to a phone/broadband connection. Both can take external hard drives so storage advantage of 722k is somewhat negated.

Another one for 612. Counts as just one tuner in the 4 max lease quotient. I love my 722's, but have never used PIP. Just record and watch full screen.

Another one for 612. Counts as just one tuner in the 4 max lease quotient. I love my 722's, but have never used PIP. Just record and watch full screen.

I have 6 leased tuners 622/722/722k and I just added an owned 612 for my daughters room. She doesn't need PIP, so my only issue is I am having a problem with one of my local OTA channels dropping out, it doesn't happen on the others so I assume the 612 OTA tuner is not as good as the others tuner.

I have 6 leased tuners 622/722/722k and I just added an owned 612 for my daughters room. She doesn't need PIP, so my only issue is I am having a problem with one of my local OTA channels dropping out, it doesn't happen on the others so I assume the 612 OTA tuner is not as good as the others tuner.
I'm glad you have six tuners, but the official line is 4. Some can get by with more, some can't.

I'm glad you have six tuners, but the official line is 4. Some can get by with more, some can't.

I understand that, I don't see why you can't have as many as you want as long as they are hooked up to a phone line or ethernet connection, that way they always know where they are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)