622/625 Question

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
If the modulated out signal from the 622 goes to the 625, can the recorded TV be viewed and vice versa from the 625 to the 622? Thanks to all that respond

If you are asking if TV1/TV2 output over coax can be watched on another receiver, through analog OTA's, then my answer would be that I am running two 522 (CH3 and CH 21) signals through an 811. I think this is what you are trying to do? I am not sure that OTA analog can be recorded by any of the DVR's.

Hope this helps.

No analog signals can be recorded by any current E* DVR.

SO, there's NO reason to run the output of one into another - unless you don't have spare inputs on the TV. THEN, you have to worry about what's where because some boxes will pass through the antenna input when they're in stand-by, and others won't.

Bottom line, run it directly to the coax input of the TV and be done with it.

I don't think I worded my question too clear and I don't understand all the responces. I presently have two Moxi dvr boxes from Charter Cable and sometimes record four different channels on the same day and time. So two tunner dvr is not enough for me. I plan on installing a 622 at an HDTV in the great room. In the master bedroom will be a 625 or maybe another 622. I have already done the coax wire install. The great room and master bedroom have three each coax to the tv locations. All six coax go to the headend area that will be connected to a DPP 44 switch, Super Home Node, backwards wired splitter, or whatever else is needed, will work, etc. One wire I have planned for is the satellite input to the dual tunners through a separator at each receiver. Wire number two is for agile modulated output. Wire number three is for the antenna in port. Sometimes we may want to watch what is previously recorded in the great room in the bedroom and vice versa. So my question is can previously recorded tv in the 622 be modulated out to the 625 antenna in port and can previously recorded tv in the 625 be modulated out to the 622 antenna in port? Thanks for all that respond

Charles, that was my answer. You are just trying to send the signals from your dvr's to different TV's to watch. The setup I described is exactly this setup. However, you don't necessary have to run it into the sat receivers. I set it up in my lab to answer another poster's question. If your TV has RF input, you can input the signal this way and use your TV tuner to watch the CH21,etc.. output. This is the way I normally watch the output from my 921 and my 522's in my workshop.

Charles, it sounds like you need some design help to put your mind at ease. Please pm me again if you are interested in consultation and having a design drawn out.

rc811002 said:
Charles, that was my answer. You are just trying to send the signals from your dvr's to different TV's to watch. The setup I described is exactly this setup. However, you don't necessary have to run it into the sat receivers. I set it up in my lab to answer another poster's question. If your TV has RF input, you can input the signal this way and use your TV tuner to watch the CH21,etc.. output. This is the way I normally watch the output from my 921 and my 522's in my workshop.

Charles, it sounds like you need some design help to put your mind at ease. Please pm me again if you are interested in consultation and having a design drawn out.

But is there any way to pass on HD in this fashion (from one television to the other) with the 921 or 622? If there is I haven't been able to do it with the 921. I am putting my 921 in the bedroom and the 622 in the living room.

I also have a DVR from Cablevision in the living room, Scientific Atlanta 8300. I have been using it to receive and record HD locals. CBS is the only local I could get with the 921. I probably will still hold onto it. The 622 should get HD, ABC, NBC and Fox. The ability to record four channels at once is nice. I also like to watch a third live channel while recording two other channels.

For HD, there is a distribution unit for the component output like they use at video stores. I haven't checked price on these these lately. This would require running three video and two audio coax wires terminated with RCA connectors from the 921 or 622 distribution unit to the remote TV. This can be a lot of coax. I just switch the 921 to SD and use RF over coax.

rc811002 said:
For HD, there is a distribution unit for the component output like they use at video stores. I haven't checked price on these these lately. This would require running three video and two audio coax wires terminated with RCA connectors from the 921 or 622 distribution unit to the remote TV. This can be a lot of coax. I just switch the 921 to SD and use RF over coax.

"I just switch the 921 to SD and use RF over coax". Is there an adapter that fits between RF and coax?

Ray S said:
"I just switch the 921 to SD and use RF over coax". Is there an adapter that fits between RF and coax?
No - in this context, coax IS RF.

RF is referring to a standard TV signal (VHF/UHF) and coax refers to RG-6.

Said coax can handle signals from DC all the way up to the low GHz range. In our usage around here, it takes DC (13-20V depending) to power LNBs, 22KHz "tone" for command signalling, 40-850MHz for VHF/UHF TV, and 950-2150MHz for satellite.

Pretty amazing, eh?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts