Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
It looks like the Dish Network 622 / 722 receivers will be 2 way remote compatable!

We first saw the Two Way Remotes at Team Summit in May on the 722k, but it looks like the 622/722 will be able to support the new remotes as well.

Try this on your 622/722

Grab your remote...
While viewing any channel press the Menu button TWICE.
Now select the NEXT button on the screen.

You are now in the Two Way Remote setup mode.
Press Next again and you can setup the TV2 remote as well. :)

Neat!

Attachments

• 2way.jpg
    2way.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 388
Scott, could you please remind us of the what/how/why's of two way remotes?

With a two way remote all your timers, and settings of your DVR are downloaded to the remote control.

This way if your DVR dies you can beam all the settings and timers back to the the DVR.

Although I don't know why they just dont make it so that you can put a USB memory stick in the recevier and let you backup your settings that way.

The two way remotes are supposed to be a lot more powerfull signal wise, which is a plus.

Are you saying that our existing remotes have enough internal memory to do this? I thought I understood that they were coming out with a new remote this fall.

Brad

No you will need the new remotes. I was told those remotes would only work with the 722k, but it looks like this might not be the case now. :)

Has there been any other info about these remotes yet like price, date, or a picture of one?

I am really interested in them and can't wait for them to come out!

Yes, I would like to get the new remote controls for about 3 of my dvrs . It would be nice to never have to reset the timers again.

I found that screen on my 622 a while ago. I think it was the release before 612.

I wonder if the new two way remote is ergonomicaly created with the finger rest built into the back of the remote like the current remotes? I like that feature it feels like it belongs in your hand. THe one thing I HATED about the Directv remotes was the clunky bulky feeling when you held them in your hand. THey never felt like the belonged at all in your hand. I also noticed that the board said that it controlled twice the amount of devices than current remotes can do. I hope this means it will have new codes for the newer tvs and a/v receivers like the SONY kind. I would love to do away with the two remotes to turn on my tv and turn on my sound system as well.

I guess the new remotes will be available for sale soon at the dishstore.net right SCOTT?

Thanks, those where the first time I saw those pics, I don't know how I missed them, unless this was the first time they were posted.

Just have a few questions about it though - as its hard to tell from the low-quality pics you provided. (but still better then nothing)

Below I marked up the picture.
remote.jpg

1. What are the colored buttons for? Are they for the homezone boxes? What would they do for Dish boxes?
2. What does the circled button above those colored buttons say/do?
3. What happened to the three PIP buttons?
4. What does the zero key say? Does that button have a new function?
5.What does the last row of buttons saw/do. - I'm guessing that is where the PIP buttons are moved, and the large button on the right of that row looks like the "DISH" (interactive) button....right?

Any info to the above questions, or, just a higher res picture would help and would be great!

Thanks

----

rcdallas said:
$79.99

Or $19.99 for a new 24 month agreement.

Is that info official? I can understand $79.99, but who would sign 2 more years just to save $60? I could understand Free with a 24 month contract extension, but even then....

And also, is the $79.99 for BOTH remotes, or only one?

Their remotes need to learn. I have zero HDTVs that can be controlled by Dish's remotes. Thankfully my A/V receiver at least has the volume functional.

That was one of the announced features of these new remotes, and why I am so anxious to get one. They are learning remotes, and I would guess that those colored buttons are assignable to special functions on any of your A/V components.

Now if only it were a learning remote or licensed the Logitech Harmony database. It'd be nice if it did more than power and volume for my TV.

And where's the friggin' CC button?!?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)