622 agile modulated output question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pajer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 7, 2003
North Central Pennsylvania
just a quick question: here is the scenario, i have a single cable running from the dpp44 out to the 622 separator then the two cables to the 622 inputs, can i then use diplexers to output from the 622 home distribution back to my distribution hub by using the same single cable that is feeding the 622 ? and can i do the same thing if i was just using a dish pro plus twin lnb? thanks for your help. also i currently have one 622 activated through the lease, does dish have any plans to allow a second leased 622 or if i purchase one through a retailer will they allow me to activate a second one. thanks for your help. pajer

Not only is it possible, but I recommend that wiring scheme. The diplexer scenario you're asking about is something that most techs do...everyday. Just keep in mind that you need to place your diplexer BEFORE your separator. I don't happen to have a link to post, but I'm sure if you wait long enough, someone will post one that shows EXACTLY how to wire things.

Currently, due to short supplies, they will not lease you a second one. It appears they will activate a second ViP622, if it's one you bought.

Just be prepared for the call from the E* antistacking Nazis. Scott has said that 2 622s are a guaranteed audit....

place your diplexer BEFORE your separator
In this case, "BEFORE" means farther away from the receiver than the separator.

Also, still moving away from the receiver, the next device on the wire must be the other diplexer.

If you MUST put the power inserter on the same wire, try to put it between the switch and the diplexer. If not possible, you will need a high-current diplexer to go between the switch and the inserter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)