622 Agile Output Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Endorphin

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 21, 2005
Can you do an installation where 2 TVs are supported by this TV2 output (through Coax in different rooms)? I know they'd have to watch the same channel, if this is even possible, but it's something I want to do if I can...

Yes all you would have to do is install a splitter on the coax out. Also the 2 TVs will be able to view either what receiver 1 is tuned to or what receiver 2 is tuned to. Receiver 1 output will be modulated to channel 3 or 4 and receiver 2 output will be modulated on ch 21-76. So if you tune the 2 TV connected to the agile output it will receive both channels.

wied said:
Receiver 1 output will be modulated to channel 3 or 4 and receiver 2 output will be modulated on ch 21-76. So if you tune the 2 TV connected to the agile output it will receive both channels.

Actually, I think BOTH TV-1 and TV-2 are agile. From the ViP 622 "Quick Facts" sheet by E*:

"The Agile modulated output, in the past, has provided signal to one or more distant TV's for TV2 program viewing. While this continues to be true, the new shared Agile modulated output provides the ability for TV2 viewers to also tune to a specified television channel to watch TV1's programming in Dual Mode (in Single Mode, everyone watches the same programming anyway)."

This, also, from the 622 Installation Tips that Scott G posted today:

"Note: To display TV1 programming on the “Ch 21-69” output, follow the steps above and
enable TV1 Out using the Modulator Setup screen, setting TV1 Out to the same mode and at
least two channels away from TV2 Out. If TV1 has locks set, you will need to enter the
password to enable TV1 Out. Set the remote TV(s) to the same mode and channel as TV1 Out.
Refer to Connecting to the Remote TVs (TV1 or TV2) in Chapter 12 of the User’s Guide for
additional information."

Brad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts