622 and dvd recorder

FRecon36

Original poster
Feb 3, 2006
Illinois
I've tried serching for the answer but i'm short on time. I want to purchase a dvd recorder today so i can hook it up to my 622 (being installed as i type) when i get home. I guess i'm a little confused about whether or not i can record a dvd from the dvr in the first place. Second, what dvd recorder should i purchase that will allow me to do this; i've heard brands such as Sony have a copyright block when trying to record from sat. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx

ps. I'll be using the 622 in single mode only.(only one tv hooked up)

If you can find an early serial number LiteOn DVD Mod 5001/5005 desktop recorder, there is software/firmware available for some copying / burning 'problems' , or so I've heard.:p I really wouldn't know about such things..:devil:

here's a thread with someone mentioning a brand. http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=56534&highlight=dvd
I had assumed as many are doing this on the forum, you wont have copy protection issues, but dont know if sony is just different.
The 622 has all the tv1 outputs active so you can connect 1 set to to tv (say hdmi) and 1 to dvd recorder (say component), that way when you press record it will record your show.

i got the liteon 5045, it awesome i found xtra firmware to remove macrovision and region free even put in a 500gb hdd instead of the stock 160gb hdd
get tyhe liteon 5045 if u can, i think walmart has them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)