622 and HD OTA Program Data?

CJ00TA

Original poster
Jun 14, 2006
I'm new this evening with DISH and my 622...

I have an OTA antenna for my local channels setup in my 622, but, I don't have any program data.

Will this forever plague me with not being able to see whats coming on next?

Also, is there a 'tips and tricks' list for the 622? Such as undocumented features, etc?

Interesting.. so, if I subscribe to locals, and don't actually watch the channels I'm paying for, I still get the program data...

Correct?

Seems retarded.. but, I'll pay the $5 if thats the case.

I still think the OTA guide data is total BS. I think they read the data stream from the station to get call letters and such since it has the proper station idenifiers for the sub stations. (at least in our area). I have emailed several people at DISH with no results. I guess they just want you to use this advaced piece of equipemnt like a $20 VCR. To bad they didn't sell it that way.

Shawn

edit

CJ you will only get guide info for the primany channel and not for the sub channels if you have sub-channels in your area.

yes it's a because we can fee.

guide data remains free in the 811 thankfully, the others they've written code not to include it unless locals are part of the subscription

So.. I now have program data, and can't figure out if it's my ignorance, or DISH's ignorance.

I have a local channel.. it's an NBC station... 23. it broadcasts HD on 23.1

I have program data for 23, but not 23.1.. all I see is 'Digital Service'

I'd like to dump 23, and just keep 23.1 and have the program data on 23.1. I've flipped through the menus, and can't figure it out. If I turn off locals, I loose my 23 program data (the channel is gone) and just have the 'Digital Service' on 23.1

Any ideas?

CJ00TA - I you JUST subscribed to the locals - wait 24 hrs or so. The OTA guide data for 23.1 should eventually appear. On the other hand, as csschrot says above, if you have any sub-channels (like 23.2, 23.3, etc.) they will never get guide data.

You can take the E* supplied locals at that location by: Press Menu, System Setup, Local Channels, highlight and select Sat Locals, then do the same with Disable, click Done, Done and they should be gone form the mapped down location.

CJ00TA said:
Interesting.. so, if I subscribe to locals, and don't actually watch the channels I'm paying for, I still get the program data...

Correct?

Seems retarded.. but, I'll pay the $5 if thats the case.

and that's why they do it. kgo_017.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts