622 and HD OTA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gopherscot

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Davenport, Iowa
Hi ... got a 622 and the Winegard Square Shooter. Having trouble with 2 different channels brought in. Seems most of the problems happen during HD programming but here is the problems. My CBS loses audio once in awhile and the only way to get it back is changing the channel and coming right back. It gets over a 90 on the signal strength. Now my ABC is acting up. It draws an 85-89 signal strength but it flicker on and off and is constantly losing signal even with a decent signal strength. My tech is confused and I am wondering if anybody has any ideas and run into this before. This only happens on the OTS signals not on the Dish channels. Help!

Hi ... got a 622 and the Winegard Square Shooter. Having trouble with 2 different channels brought in. Seems most of the problems happen during HD programming but here is the problems. My CBS loses audio once in awhile and the only way to get it back is changing the channel and coming right back. It gets over a 90 on the signal strength. Now my ABC is acting up. It draws an 85-89 signal strength but it flicker on and off and is constantly losing signal even with a decent signal strength. My tech is confused and I am wondering if anybody has any ideas and run into this before. This only happens on the OTS signals not on the Dish channels. Help!

Gopherscot,

You are likely getting a reflected signal (multipath), your local OTA signal is coming in to the antenna as well as a reflection of that signal.

I suggest you double check the Azimuth of the OTA antenna that it is pointed directly to your Channels transmitters. This could be a problem if all of your locals are NOT coming from the same transmission location.

John

I have the antenna on the dish at ground level. He just adjusted this a day ago and since the adjustment this problem occured. Should this antenna be raised higher to make up for this? As for the stations they are all in the same direction. Thanks for your reply.

Scott

For Digital, higher is usually better. I moved my antenna through three different locations and raised an lowered it a couple of times till I got mine right. It is not an exact science, sometimes it is just luck. A meter reader certainly helps. Good luck.

Squareshooter

Do you think raising the antenna will help the problem with multipath signals?

I have one as well. I got it due to the fact that multipath here is awfull. Reason I have house across the street that is onw of the ones w/metal siding. I have raised it above the house, so it is prolly 20 ft above ground. I also had to angle it to help reject the terrible reflections from the the metal. So yes raise it and I hope you have less multipath than I have and the signal strength in the area. There are few full power digital TV stations in this area. Good Luck. :eureka

I actually aim over the top of the next door home. We actually have large lots and have open views. But the house next door is metal siding ... so maybe that is the reason for the reflections. Also notice I have no problem in the middle of the day but in the morning and pm it is bad ... but only one station. We are moving up on Monday so I hope that works.

Anyone having trouble with the audio just stopping? Seems to happen when going to commercial. I have to change the channel and come right back and the audio is back. This is only on my OTA antenna channels. Also only seems to happen during high definition shows. Weird .... any ideas?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts