622 and Home Distribution Feed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

david in texas

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 5, 2005
Hello,

Pardon the probably stupid question but I just want to ensure that the home distribution feed on the 622 is in fact "true" HD.

I just got back from the Wal Mart where I picked up a 19inch Panasonic Widescreen LCD TV.

I plugged the coax into the back of the TV tuned it to Channel 75 and I'm getting the signal just fine.

My concern is that everything on the TV is indicating that the signal is 420i SD. This is on all programming that should be in HD.

The specs for the TV indicates that is will display 1080i and 16:10 Widescreen.

Thanks,
David

you are only getting SD with the coax from the 622, in order to get an hd signal from the 622, you must use the component cables or the hdmi cable.

you are only getting SD with the coax from the 622, in order to get an hd signal from the 622, you must use the component cables or the hdmi cable.

Okay, thought that might be the case.

Then my next question is, how does one get a HDMI cable to work with the home distribution feed, or is it even possible?

Thanks for the reply.

David

Then my next question is, how does one get a HDMI cable to work with the home distribution feed, or is it even possible?
It is not possible. The home distribution feed is NTSC.

It may be possible to modulate an ATSC signal off of the component outputs, but it would be married to TV1 and you would be out thousands of dollars for the equipment.

It is not possible. The home distribution feed is NTSC.

It may be possible to modulate an ATSC signal off of the component outputs, but it would be married to TV1 and you would be out thousands of dollars for the equipment.

NO problem. Thanks for the reply.

I guess the TV is going back to the Wally World.

Regards,
David

your an idiot, use the component side of tv 2 output and distribute the hd signal that way. u then can use tv2 remote at what ever tv u want to view. so yes you can distribute you retard.

your an idiot, use the component side of tv 2 output and distribute the hd signal that way. u then can use tv2 remote at what ever tv u want to view. so yes you can distribute you retard.

Number 1 that your name calling is 100% uncalled for and will not be tolerated here period.

Number 2 you're the one that is wrong. There is no component output for tv2. The HDMI and component outputs on the 622 are TV 1 only. You can run both component and HDMI at the same time, but you cannot have different programing on these two outputs. So you should probably make sure that you know what you are talking about prior to calling someone names.

The most important piece of advice I can give to you after installing for the last four years ....

Well that explains why he doesn't know what he's talking about . He's an installer !!!! It probably also explains why he's so nasty too .

Great restraint on your part Lakebum .

Well that explains why he doesn't know what he's talking about . He's an installer !!!! It probably also explains why he's so nasty too .

Don't worry, I wouldn't stoop to his level of name calling. I just don't want to see someone giving false information (and thereby false hope for something that won't work).

NO problem. Thanks for the reply.

I guess the TV is going back to the Wally World.

Regards,
David
Wait a minute.....Just call E* and get a 211 for the TV.....Then, set the 622 to single mode.....It's only $4.99 more per month....Or bring the TV back....Oh, forgot to mention..The promo is called Dish 'n it Up.....

Number 1 that your name calling is 100% uncalled for and will not be tolerated here period.

Number 2 you're the one that is wrong. There is no component output for tv2. The HDMI and component outputs on the 622 are TV 1 only. You can run both component and HDMI at the same time, but you cannot have different programing on these two outputs. So you should probably make sure that you know what you are talking about prior to calling someone names.
Holy macaroni!!! What the hell happened there...Sheesh....Calling the guy an idiot...For what?!!!!

Now you are out of bounds,Because he does not what he is talking about does not mean all Installers are the same,He is wrong callings names and he s idea of the TV 2 and HD distribution,But so are you putting all installers on the same category and say we also are Nasty too,Totally uncalled for.

Wait a minute.....Just call E* and get a 211 for the TV.....Then, set the 622 to single mode.....It's only $4.99 more per month....Or bring the TV back....Oh, forgot to mention..The promo is called Dish 'n it Up.....

There's an idea.

I'm about to cancel HBO after next Sunday anyway. So I'd still have a net decrease on my bill.

Thanks for the idea.

David

There's an idea.

I'm about to cancel HBO after next Sunday anyway. So I'd still have a net decrease on my bill.

Thanks for the idea.

David

After thinking about it that may not work either.

I currently already have 2 dual tuner receivers. From what I've understood in the past one can only have 4 "connections" in one's house.

Is that still the case?

David

You can only have 4 leased tuners, which is 2 ViP622's. Any more must be bought.

If you have a DPP44 switch, it will handle 4 622's which is eight tuners, and you can cascade another switch or two, I believe the max tuners would be 24 out of 12 dual tuner receivers.

Man, Oh man, would the Dish Audit Dept have fun with that setup.

This thread is comical. No offense to the original poster, but HD on a 19" tv isn't even worth it. You will hardly notice the difference on a TV that size, certainly not worth the $99 upgrade to a 211. As far as the 4 tuners on one account...not entirely true. Dish will only LEASE you a maximum of 4 tuners, but you can purchase a 211 for $249 and they will gladly take your extra $5 each month.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)