622 and OTA Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

WiCkeDuDe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 16, 2005
Utah
Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question but I am still fairly new to the whole OTA thing. I have a 622 connected to a small DB2 antenna that gives me 93-100 signal strength on all channels on the 622. I am thinking of getting rid of my 622 as I never even watch the HD content and the HD via OTA was MUCH better. I actually use the OTA alot even though I didnt plan to.

I plugged the OTA feed into my HDTV and I get the same channels and many are very snowy and unwatchable. My question is why does this occur? Does the 622 just have a much better OTA tuner than my HDTV or is there some problem that I need to look into with it? I never had a problem with any blurriness or snow on the 622. Can anyone explain this to me?

I suppose I could buy a 811 to use as a OTA tuner instead and not have to pay for a metallic pack. Any ideas?

If you are receiving DIGITAL signals (which is what is coming through your 622 because that is all it can receive) there will not be snow. That sounds like an analog signal issue. Digital signals may have pixilation but will not have snow. Does your HDTV have a tuner or is it just a monitor? If it had a tuner, you need to search for digital signals through your TV.

That makes sense. I was under the impression it was a digital tuner but it sounds as though I was wrong in thinking that. If that is the case is getting a 811 the best solution in getting a digital OTA tuner or is there a cheaper solution?

If your 622 is leased, you still have at least an 8 months HD programming committment left.

If you own your 622 you can drop the dish HD back and still use it to DVR the local channels. You will be hit with a $6 charge for not having the HD package but you won't be happy with an 811 if you're used to a 622.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts