622 Atlanta signal strength concern

I turned my 61.5 dish in an attempt to receive 129. There was enough signal on the meter to locate and peak the dish but it was too weak for any of my receivers to lock on. Trees are the problem for me and will be for many others in this area. I sent the following email to ceo@echostar.com and I would urge those of you in the Atlanta area with 129 issues to do the same. I hope it will enlighten them of the tree issues we have in this area. Due to it's size I did not include the photo in this message that accompanied the email.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear sir,

My name is XXXXXX XXXX and I am a current Dish Network subscriber. I am writing to express my concern about the placement of Atlanta HD locals at the 129 Satellite location. This satellite requires a elevation of 28.7 to be seen with a reliable signal in this area. Unfortunately for satellite reception the Atlanta Metropolitan area was built, or should I say carved, out of an area that once belonged to the Creek and Cherokee Indians, and is reported to have more trees than any major city in the United States. Please view this link for an article written by Lawrence A. Wilson, The Natural History Of Atlanta, that does an excellent job describing the Topography and Physiography on the Atlanta area. The photo that I have included was taken from Google Earth and shows the neighborhood where I live, which is a mere five miles from downtown Atlanta. Might I suggest you take a tour of the Atlanta area via Google Earth, in order that you can see for yourself that the photo I included is representative of the residential areas that surround this city.

My attempts to receive the 129 Satellite location were met with dismal results. After carefully surveying my property with an installer his conclusion was, remember I am in Atlanta, "it ain't gonna happen". I can assure you that I am not an isolated case when it comes to receiving this particular satellite in the Atlanta area. Many have expressed similar issues from Atlanta on Satelliteguys.us and DBSTalk.com, which are two of the largest internet forums dedicated to the satellite television industry. I am sure there were many areas of consideration, that I am not aware of, that were reviewed prior to deciding on this Satellite location. Unfortunately that decision may ultimately have an adverse impact on the ability of many of your customers in this market to receive Atlanta HD locals. It appears that HD locals have become a priority for you as well as your competitors. From a business point of view it would appear logical for that service to be provided on a vehicle that offers the widest means of distribution. For this area the Satellite locations of 110, 119 or 61.5 would appear to be the logical choice unless there are technical reasons which makes this decision impractical.

Thanks in advance for considering this request. If I can provide any additional information I will be more than happy to do so.

I took some dead or dying pines down (darn pine beetles!) this past couple of weeks. While checking out my work, I noticed that my Dish 1000 is actually pointing right at the only really tall trees on my property. I would estimate them being about 70-80 feet high, and being sweet gums and oaks, they can reach up to 120 feet high. Right now with the leaves off, I'm not having too much of an issue with reception of 129, but in a few weeks when those trees start leafing out completely I fear I will have problems.

I guess we shall see many more problems in our area by the end of April due to the leaves breaking out. I've got my fingers crossed... :(