622 Audio Problems

mikegrz

Original poster
Dec 13, 2006
My appologies if this is an old issue but I didn't see the thread. My system worked flawlessly until 2 weeks ago when I lost the audio on receiver 1, tech support had me reboot which corected it but since I have loud volume on the background music part of the channel and its difficult to hear the actors voices. I changed from hdmi to componenent cables (more $) with a minor improvement is this as good as it gets or should I just watch tv on #2

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking. What is your audio setup (through the tv? through a receiver? And what do you mean when you say receiver 1 and #2?

the thing has 2 receivers, #1 goes to my plasma via hdmi or component cable and #2 is for an additonal tv in a bedroom thru channel 33

OK, it doesn't have two receivers. It has three tuners (1 OTA and 2 satellite) and 2 outputs. It sounds like you are having problems on the audio for output 1. What is your setup for audio on output 1? Do you have it connected to the TV or a AV Receiver? What type of connection do you have - optical, HDMI, or red and white rca cables?

Well, component doesn't pass audio, only video. You still haven't answered if you are using the TV for sound or a receiver and surround sound system.

Thanks for your patience...I use either the tv or the stereo system and the problem is in both. I discovered quite by accident that I can minimize it by using the L-R balance controls which had been set at a 0 or neutral setting for eons. I 'toned down' one side and it minimized the distortion

No worries, just trying to help. The reason that I was asking how you had it set up is because I was trying to determine if you had it hooked to something with DD (dolby digital). On the DD stations the volume level is much lower than on non DD stations. That is just how it is. That being said, there are adjustments that can be made. Hit Menu, 6, 7 and play with the settings there. By adjusting these settings you should be able to solve your problems. Report back what you see. If that doesn't fit we can move on to something else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts