622 caller ID not working?

Midas42

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 21, 2005
IL
Has anyone had a problem with the caller ID NOT working on 622's? I have installed several but two of them have the problem. The ID function worked perfectly on the older receivers with the same lines. One of them will ID but only after the phone rings 4 times, which is when the answering machine picks up. Is there a voltage problem on the 622 which is higher than the older 510 and 811 which these two units replaced? Any ideas will be appreciated.

FWIW - I've read years ago that the Caller ID info is sent after the first ring, but I believe it may sometimes be sent a little later. I don't believe any phone network/system sends the data more than once, so if the data gets corrupted - it's history. Also, the Caller ID system between various phone companies within the U.S. is not always compatible, especially 100% compatible.

My 622, my table phone with external Caller ID Box, and my Cordless Phone with Caller ID, all seem to work together; but they don't always obtain the Caller ID info after the 1st ring, sometimes it's the 3rd ring. I have service with QWEST.

At various friends homes:
...(1) Caller ID would often not work on some phones when there were too many phones and answering machine on the line. I suspect a voltage drain causing the Caller ID info being corrupt.
...(2) At a second friends house, when Katrina passed by, there was flooding and it was shorting the line that went below a floor. The phone worked with static, but it corrupted the Caller ID.

Caller ID problems

Do you have DSL on the same line? Even with the filter installed, there can be issues with the caller ID not showing up. Sprint (Embarq) has the problem in one of the areas we do work. The problem is with the DSL provider, not the receiver.

Caller ID isnt working on either of my 622s either. Its working just fine on my 942. It worked previously on the same phone lines that the 622s are hooked up to.

Caller ID didn't work on my 622 for about the first month after I got it, then, all of a sudden it started working & has ever since. It might have been a software update, but I'm not sure. I didn't do anything other than check to see if I had Caller ID enabled.

I get SOME CID on my 622, but not all. Some of the name/number that DO show up on my 721 don't make it on the 622.

Really weird, since one of the 721's and the 622 are connected to the SAME JACK.

here is one for the books

I have two 622. One down stirs and one up , 622 caller id works fine down but not at all up.

When I had Southwestern Bell as a telephone provider, my caller id on the 622 and 625 worked fine. Now I have Vonage, and caller ID works only about 1time out of 20 calls on the 622 and not at all on the 625. Funny thing is that other people with Vonage do not seem to have a problem. Also, my other two phones with caller ID work fine with Vonage. Makes me wonder if the the dish recievers are either too sensitive and noise on the line is a problem, or if they are not sensitive enough and not always picking up the caller id signal (which I think is sent just before or after the second ring).

The caller ID on my 211 stoped working all of a sudden last week. every once in a while it works but about 99% of the time I see nothing when my phone rings. any ideas why??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts