622 cant keep signal for tuner 2!

johnpas73

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
Indianapolis
I recently swapped out a 625 for 622 to have HD in the bedroom. So my current setup is a 722 and 622. I have a dish 1000.1 installed with LNBs at 110, 119, 129. My original install had a 622 and 625. Since putting the 622 in the bedroom, I have been losing signal like crazy, but just on tuner 2. I have to perform a check switch constantly and then re-download programming data almost every night just to watch TV. Half my timers that are set for tuner 2 will not record. Whenever I try to watch on tuner 1, it works fine, but tuner 2 keeps giving me fits.
The weirdest part is that when I go into point dish, I get a fine signal strength for the transponders that the tuner shows as "Cannot acquire signal"

Anyone know whats going on here? Is there a possibility that I need different equipment since I have 2 HD receivers? That doesnt seem to be it to me, since I always had 2 dual tuner receivers.

Any help would be great. Tech support isnt much help for me.

John

Oh jeez thats a little more than i know off the top of my head. Ill need to check at home. Where would I see the switch or seperator? This was a Dish install, i didnt touch any of it.

The separator looks like a splitter; it takes a single cable from the LNBs or switch and separates it into the 2 sat. inputs on the back of the 622. But note that a separator is NOT a conventional coax splitter. If you have 2 cables from the LNBs or switch to you 622 (rare!) then a separator is not needed. Your system may or may not have a separate switch, which is typically located under the eaves or indoors at a central location. It's a device that takes up to 4 inputs from the LNBs at the dish(es) and sends separate signals to up to 4 locations, in the case of the DPP44 switch...

The check switch screen should give you some info, or if you can easily see the lnb's on the dish: no logo would be legacy, DP would be Dish Pro and DPP would be Dish Pro Plus. or as bhelms stated one coax to receiver with what looks like a splitter would be DPP.

Dish 1000 should be able to power two HD receivers, no problem. The swap of the 622 for the 625 should be plug and play.

Just off the top of my head, it sounds like a bad tuner or seperator.

Look on the back of your 622s and swap the little "splitters" (seperators) from one receiver to the other and see if the problem travels with the seperator or stays on the offending 622.

If the problem goes with the seperator, that's the problem, if not, it could be a bad tuner in the new 622 and your next step is to swap the receivers and see if the problem moves or stays. If it moves, this is another nail in the coffin of the tuner, if not, there is a problem in the wiring, the switch or the lnb at the dish (dish 1000 has a switch in the larger lnb).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)