622 Cant record on tv1?

XorCist

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 6, 2006
Hey I just gto dish installed (re-installed, but they set me up as a new customer so..hehe..i got all the perks.) anyhow, i got a 622, and every timer i try to set puts everything to tv2, how do i make it go to tv1? i searched for 622 schedule in the forums and found results similar to my question, but nothing matching it, so i really hope im not the first person to experience it. also, is there a reason that the picture quality on tv2 horrible? i move the lil rf antenna upstairs and it clears up a lil, but it is very pixelated, no matter what channel its on. the only thing that is crisp and clear is the OSD things.

thanks

Hey I just gto dish installed (re-installed, but they set me up as a new customer so..hehe..i got all the perks.) anyhow, i got a 622, and every timer i try to set puts everything to tv2, how do i make it go to tv1? i searched for 622 schedule in the forums and found results similar to my question, but nothing matching it, so i really hope im not the first person to experience it. also, is there a reason that the picture quality on tv2 horrible? i move the lil rf antenna upstairs and it clears up a lil, but it is very pixelated, no matter what channel its on. the only thing that is crisp and clear is the OSD things.

thanks

Go to Menu, select Number 8 Preferences, then select number 6 Record Plus. This tells the DVR where to record shows. You can Disable this, or tell it to record everything to TV 1 or TV2.

You can still record HD programming on TV2. Quality, sound and aspects are the same. Your just recording to a hard drive that both TV1 and TV2 use. Picture quality should not be and issue. At least it is not for me.

You should read the book on the 622. Behavior is different in single mode and dual mode with record plus on or off. There is a very good reason that the default "tuner" for recording is TV2 and then TV1 when there is a time conflict. That way when you watch live TV on TV1 (television set #1) you can normally watch something other than what is being recorded i.e. the "tuner" is not in use for a recording. There is no difference in the quality of recordings among the three tuners (the third for OA). There is a difference in the output to the two "TV outs". TV1 can be HD. TV2 can at best be down converted HD to SD. Again - read the book and feel free to ask questions. People here will help.

Pat

Why would you care? The system does fine on it's own. No need to change the defaults.

well..its not me "wanting to control everything" its things i want to record at night 8-10pm while im watching something else....at 9 i usually go lay in bed and watch tv there, so its annoying to have something setup to record @ 9 but have it on tv2 when i want to watch something else there

I noticed something similiar to that today too. I set up a timer on tv1 and it ended up being on tv2. The thing was when I was looking at the timer after I set it up, it showed the little DVR1 icon on the edit timer screen, but then when I got out of it, it showed a 2 on the guide. I think I need to really read through the book one of these days.

well..its not me "wanting to control everything" its things i want to record at night 8-10pm while im watching something else....at 9 i usually go lay in bed and watch tv there, so its annoying to have something setup to record @ 9 but have it on tv2 when i want to watch something else there

We were not given this aspect to your situation. How is your tv in the bedroom hooked up? If by coax, you can change the channel to the tv1 feed and leave system as in, or go under prefences and switch the default to tv1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)