622: Coax to TV2 Issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Bmonty25

Original poster
Dec 31, 2005
I remember reading about this issue with the 622 before, but I cant find the thread. I will ask again in hopes of some much needed help. I had the 622 installed yesterday. Not to bad of an installation. We connected the TV2 to the back of my Main TV and the picture for both TV1 and TV2 were crystal clear. I told him not to worry about hooking up the coax because I knew all I had to due was connect it to the wall. After the installer left I hooked up the coax. It leads into the wall to about 10 ft away to a Home Media Center Box were the signal is split and boosted w/ power to my bedroom about another 10ft of coax away. I set the Modulater install to the proper channel and turned on the TV in my bedroom in hopefull anticipation.... All I got is a horrible picture (snowy) and no sound. I checked all of the coax and all connections are set. the coax looks good, no frays or cuts. I tried to go High w/cable on, Low w/cable on, high w/over the air on, and low w/over the air on. This all gave me the same picture. I am really confused becasue before my installation I had the coax from my DVR in the bedroom running out to the TV in the Living Room on the same path and the picture was crystal clear. I have tried changing out the coax with new stuff, turning the power off on my splitter, etc...

Does anyone have anymore suggestions to try or maybe experiencing the same problems with TV2.

Thanks for the Help

Try taking the amp out. I removed my amp when the 622 went in - it had enough signal to send to the other side of the house. Also try without the splitter.

Update!

I continued to work on the problem this morning, I unhooked and rehooked all coax cable and now I get a crystal clear picture to TV2......however...... No sound. I am currently on the phone with a tech rep and he said that they are getting several calls about this problem and he thinks it is a software issue. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Same issue here. No sound but a beautiful picture. Same on two units. I ordered some rca jacks that are 110 punchdowns so I can run them over cat5 ethernet. The rca outputs for tv2 does have sound and picture.

Wonder if this is a possible software bug?

I think it is a software issue . The rca jacks work the perfectly for me. I read something about a new software upgrade for the 622 so I am going to wait and see. I've been using it in single mode so I can wait.

I had mine installed on Saturday (3-18). I have the same issue. They're sending me out another one, but the guy I spoke with on Sunday asked around and none of the other techs had even heard of the problem. He did say that they knew about the aspect ratio glitch in single mode on TV2, but wasn't sure when that would be fixed.

Mine works fine. We didn't run the cable direct. They put a diplexer on the back and backfed it through the cable in the house. Worked with no problems.

I would not call the picture outstanding, but its better than my cable but its a pretty old 36".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts