622 Cooling - USB fan on Flexible Stalk

I thought that only the 625 and the 622 but I just checked the Interactive Menus at the Tech. Portal and it shows the temperature by going to: Menu, 6, 1.

Attachments

• 721 systeminfo.jpg
    721 systeminfo.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
I would really like to know the safe limit on it too. Mine is average 118º. It's not having any problems. I used to own a DTC100 years ago and it got so hot I almost could'nt touch it but it worked fine. One thing I will do with the 622 is put some little blocks under each corner to raise it up a bit. I noticed the bottom is actually hotter than the side or back. Raising it up an inch should give better circulation and maybe cool it a bit without needing a fan.

"Raising it up an inch should give better circulation and maybe cool it a bit without needing a fan."

You're right. Try it without a fan and see how much improvement you see and report back.

RandallA said:
"Raising it up an inch should give better circulation and maybe cool it a bit without needing a fan."

You're right. Try it without a fan and see how much improvement you see and report back.

I had tried the raising it up method - using a non-fan laptop cooler - an X PAd (http://www.xpad4laptop.com/). I did not find that this resulted in much cooling. I added a Targus Chill Mat (USB Powered) which I placed on top of the X-Pad, providing a nice amount of space under-neath the 622. The 622 is now cool to the touch; although the diagnostic counter still says High 132, Low 104, Avg 120. The low prior to this install was 111.

But I don't take the numbers that seriously; as the device is considerably cooler - there is virtually no heat emmanating from it now. Of course, I wonder how long the Targus ChillMat's fans will work running 24/7.

My temperature changes (using this flexible-stalk fan):

Before the fan (6/21): Hi 138 / Lo 82 / Avg 120
Now w/the fan (7/16): Hi 127 / Lo 86 / Avg 114

Interesting that the Low is higher, altho everything else is lower.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts