622 Diagnostics

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ralfyguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 17, 2005
McAlester, Oklahoma
What does y'alls Diagnostic screen say? Mainly the first 10 lines is what I'm curious about.

Mine is:

01) Latest Watchdog Type: 4
02) Kernel Panic CNT: 0
03) OS Monitor WD CNT: 1 : 45
04) Mini Watchdogs: 6
05) AC PWR/HW WD CNT: 6
06) Boot Recoveries: 0
07) Queue Filled: 248
08) Queue ID: 39
09) DST: 0x80
10) Hard Drive Info: 0x6030

I wish someone would know exactly what all this stuff means anyways. That would help to see if the unit is having trouble or is about to bite the dust. Somebody out there must know what all this is about.

I wish I knew. :)

Mine is as follows

01) Latest Watchdog Type: 4
02) Kernel Panic CNT: 0
03) OS Monitor WD CNT: 1 : 6
04) Mini Watchdogs: 2
05) AC PWR/HW WD CNT: 10
06) Boot Recoveries: 0
07) Queue Filled: 63
08) Queue ID: 7
09) DST: 0x80
10) Hard Drive Info: 0x6030

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Watch Dog – Mini Watch Dogs.
Many company’s like lets say Blizzard Entertainment the makes of World of Warcraft. (this also applies to any type server) Have what we call watch dog running. This is a program that runs at the hardware level of the system. This program runs some diagnostics every so often to see if the OS is running properly and the system is responding. When the OS freezes or the system stops responding for any reason, watch dog figures this out and initiates a reboot at the hardware level. This in turn gets the Machine back up and running. (saving time, by not having to have someone go and reboot it manually) Which means getting people back to their game if something happes. For Dish Network Subs this means getting your Unit Back up and running and back to watching the programming we pay for.

My unit has a problem with OTA so it tends to reboot a lot more than it needs to Hence my mini watch dogs are at 15.

Kernel Panic.
This is a crash or error at the core of Software.

Mac Users- Ever get that screen that is shaded dark with a big square in the middle, with the picture of a power button that reads. Your Machine needs to be rebooted. Please hold down the power button for 3 seconds. This is a kernel panic, something happened that caused the machine to just halt.

Windows Users- Ever get a blue screen with righting that says to prevent damage to your system. The system has been halted or has stopped (something like this). That is a kernel panic.

If your kernel panic is at 0 This is a good thing.

AC PWR/HW WS CNT.

This I believe is how many times the received has lost power or been unplugged.

I have had my 622 2 months and have only unplugged it 2 times. Mine is at 2.

Boot Recoveries:

Boot ups gone wrong. (just and educated guess.)

The rest i dont know.

Thanks for the input. The questions is, which of the values become alarmingly high. What amount has the value be on the watchdogs to say, that the unit is about to die. Also, will the values go down again, if the unit runs properly for a certain amount of time ? (HAHAHA we're talking Dish receivers);)

As Far as the counter, I believe that is a lifetime counter. But who knows this is dish we are talking about. Lets say if you have 4 this month and next month you come back and it says like 24 Something is really wrong. If it only goes up like one or 2 its nothing to be alarmed about.

I think Que ID is the programming that you have on your reiver or maybe that is another one. Isn't there a counter that tells you how many times the signal goes out? I think that is on one of the system info screens itself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)