622 - Dual HD Tuner Recording?

rshapiro6

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 8, 2004
I'm about to order a 622 to replace my 522, we're switching to HD. I've always ran the 522 in Dual Tuner/Single Mode so I can record 1 show, watch another, or record 2 show and watch pvr, so I want that same basic functionality. I remember reading somewhere that although the 622 has two tuners, one is HD and one is SD. Is this true? If so, how will I record 2 HD shows at the same time? Maybe I misunderstood and this only has to do with the SD only output for those using TV2. Can someone clarify this situation for me? Thanks...

Ryan

Booth tuners in the 622 are HD. The thing is it will only output to one HD TV, the other output is SD. You can record two HD programs from satelitte at one time. Actually if you record OTA HD you can actually do 3 at a time. :D

Awesome! That's what I was hoping for! There is no reason for us to use TV2 since we want to record a lot of primetime shows. If I were ordering as a new sub, how would I get a dual tuner 622 and 1 211 for another HDTV. Is that something that's offered? I would probably have to try on the phone, the online system wont allow such a configuration...

I use my 622 in single mode too. But I output TV2 to the rest of the house, so I can start watching something in my home theater and finish watching it when I go to bed or when I go into the kitchen. With the 622 in single mode you can also add PIP and have both windows in HUD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)