622 DVR problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

alysenlynn

Original poster
Feb 4, 2006
SC
Hello! I have finally gotten quite of my favorite shows set for weekly or new episode taping.

Last night the DVR began taping Grey's Anatomy for us and then at about 15 minutes in I decided to start watching it while it was continuing to tape. When I went to the program saved in the DVR and attempted to watch it there was no sound. The live program and all of the other channels had sound.

I decided to stop the recording since there was no sound and discovered that once I stopped the recording I could go back and play it over with SOUND?? I am used to a TIVO set up and was always able to watch the recording in progress without sound or picture problems. I played around a bit and began two other shows recording. Both of those played with sound from the DVR while they were taping.

The only difference in these two situations were that the Grey's Anatomy with no sound was set to tape ahead of time and was protected. The other two were set to record with the record button while they were playing live and were not protected.

Any suggestions? i'm going to test it again later tonight when I get in from work.

Alysen

Sometimes just changing the channel and going back cures the problem. I've had the sound go bye bye on my old 921, but changing the channel and then coming back usually cures it. Good luck.....

Next time it happens, hit pause, then hit pause again to immediately resume play.
Audio should return.
You may also see instances of the audio losing sync with the video after several skip-forward (thru commercials), same thing, pause-pause should fix it.

kdg454 said:
Next time it happens, hit pause, then hit pause again to immediately resume play.
Audio should return.
You may also see instances of the audio losing sync with the video after several skip-forward (thru commercials), same thing, pause-pause should fix it.

I also tried changing the audio set up to SD instead of HD. I've heard that helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts