622 DVR Recording Issues and A/V Sync Probs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JiffyPop

Original poster
Jan 26, 2007
I have had the 622 for a number of months now and always have problems when watching recorded HD shows like 24 and Grey's Anatomy. I get Video pixelation/drop outs and audio drops. I got the latest firmware update, but it keeps happening. I also get A/V sync issues on recordings and real-time broadcasts.

Help!

:welcome Welcome to SatelliteGuys.us! :welcome

I'm sure some others will chime in, but this is a known issue with the 622. We are hoping that a software update will take care of it soon, as it is extremely annoying. Sometimes rebooting your 622 will help (you can press and hold the power button on the receiver itself for about 10 seconds or pull the plug and wait 20 seconds before plugging it back in) or you can try hitting pause and then cycle back 10 seconds and that may help. Other than that I don't know what else can be done, but as I said others will surely chime in and add to what I had said. Good luck!

JiffyPop,

Welcome.

Can you tell us if your local HD channels are delivered via Dish Network or via an OTA (Over The Air) antenna. Also, do you have these problems only while watching live TV or just on recordings.

Id like to know also. I have very high signal strength on all OTA HD locals and have been recording them for 3 weeks without issue, Ive been very happy with the 622. Is your problem with OTA or Dish locals. If its OTA, what is you signal strength on the channels?

Thanks for the responses.

My Local HD channels are Dish delivered. The Video Pixelation and Video issues only seem to be during DVR playback. The Audio Sync issues occur with both Live TV and DVR.

I also get times when TV2 will lose video (but will still have audio). The only way to resolve is to reset the 622.

Maybe I should have my wife call Dish after watching Grey's Anatomy...she's usually not too happy with the video quality.

Thanks....Jeff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)