622 for OTA HD only?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Spatch

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 15, 2004
Northeast, PA
If I upgrade to the 622 and downgrade my service from the HD silver pack to 120 pack, will I still be able to record OTA HD? If so, will I have to pay the $6 a month HD fee?

Yes, you'll have to pay the $6 enabling fee if you don't subscribe to the HD pack.

Why spend the money buying a 622 only to record OTA?

I mainly watch OTA HD. I don't know if I can justify $20 a month more for the channels I will be getting.
Why upgrade?...well, I have an 811 and a 522 (maybe a 942 for a great price) . I would like to be able to dvr my ota HD. So I will be swapping out the 522 for a 622. I will then cancel my locals since I would be able to receive them all over the air.
When more compelling content comes to the pack I may sub again to HD, but from what I am seeing now, I don't think I'll watch $20 worth a month. With the upgrade I will get my 2nd dish so if I decide to sub to HD again I will be all set.

Well, how about keeping the old HD pack that's only $9.99 when you get your 622. I think you'll still have to pay the $6 though.

But I did notice you say "upgrade" so if that means your gonna lease a 622 through dish, you have no choice but to sub to at least HD Bronze

What would they do If I downgraded to 120 after a month? would they ask for the 622 back? Since I already sub to the old hd pack with the 811 would they force me to upgrade to the "metal pack"?

Well to begin with, when you upgrade you're in an 18-month commitment to HD Bronze or higher anyways, after that, you still have to keep HD bronze to keep leasing receiver.

If you downgrade from a metal pack to the 120 package, you will have to pay the $6 HD enabling fee. AND, $5 for your locals, if you want the guide info for the locals, a must for recording them. Plus, Dish won't let you do this on an upgrade, because you have committed to 18 months at HD Bronze or better. Buy a used 921 or 942 off eBay (be sure to confirm with dish that there is no balance on the receiver or smartcard, by getting and providing dish with the ID numbers) and then subscribe to locals, so you can get the guide data and you'll be able to record your OTA HD locals.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)