622 has never worked with separator - is it the LNBF or the receiver?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BuddyBoy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 13, 2006
SF Bay Area
I've had a 622 receiver for years and it has never worked with a single cable fed into the DPP separator from my 1000.2. I've always had to run two separate cables from the 1000.2 to the 622's inputs, and not used the separator. It acts as though the band stacking/unstacking doesn't work (won't tune some channels), but I don't know if it is the receiver or the LNBF that is the culprit. I've tried a three different DPP separators so I don't think the separator is at fault.

Without any other equipment to swap in, how would you diagnose whether it is the receiver or the LNBF that is at fault? I've tested this with a 12 foot length of good RG-6, connected directly to each output on the 1000.2 to the separator. No diplexers, splitters, or anything else, just a direct cable run from the LNBF to the DPP separator.

If you have DishPro or Legacy lnb's on the dish, the DPP Separator will not work, it is not designed to work with this setup. If you have a DishProPlus lnb, you might have a problem with the separator. Otherwise, I am not sure why they don't work but it sounds like you checked everything on your end except to see if another dual tuner receiver works at the same location using your current setup.

What does your switch test tell you when you run it? It should show the lnb and separator installed. You are using the "Dish Pro PLUS" separator, correct?

Do this: DISconnect the lnb IN cable(s) at the receiver. Run a switch test to clear the switch matrix. That's right, run the test with NO coax connected! After it runs through and finishes, hook up the separator as normal. Then run the test again. Does it find the lnb and separator? If so, do your channels now work, or do you still have a problem? If still a problem, I'm betting it's a bad lnb internal switch.

My hunch is lnb.I had almost the exact same symptoms with a 1000.4.Would not work with 3 different separators,got a new lnb,problem solved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts