622 has started freezing at specific points in recorded programs

jcrash

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 26, 2003
Tulsa
My 622 has recently started freezing up while watching some newly recorded programs. If it freezes at 51:12 (arbitrary number) in a show once, even after a reboot it will freeze at that same point in the program the next time - even if you are fast forwarding.

I also just tried moving once of the bad recordings to the External HardDrive and the receiver froze during that, too.

Does this mean I need a new receiver or is there a way to repair what I suppose is a hard drive related issue?

My 622 has recently started freezing up while watching some newly recorded programs. If it freezes at 51:12 (arbitrary number) in a show once, even after a reboot it will freeze at that same point in the program the next time - even if you are fast forwarding.

I also just tried moving once of the bad recordings to the External HardDrive and the receiver froze during that, too.

Does this mean I need a new receiver or is there a way to repair what I suppose is a hard drive related issue?

Probably the internal drive is going bad. If you OWN the receiver, you can buy a larger 500gb Seagate drive, and replace it. They are about $50. If you lease the receiver and pay for the service plan, just get it swapped out.

Here's my posting with an available drive model that will work for replacement, I had to just replace mine a couple weeks ago: http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...622-might-have-bought-farm-2.html#post2438467

There is a chance however that re-formating the internal drive will help. You have to move all recordings off first, as they will be wiped out.
Here's how you format, use the primary remote to do so:

Menu-6-3-Info-Right-Left-TV/Video to clear the NVRAM and then reboot. When it comes back up, do a: Menu-6-3-Info-Right-Left-Play-Play-Recall to format.

You will lose your timers! So copy them down first.

Probably the internal drive is going bad. If you OWN the receiver, you can buy a larger 500gb Seagate drive, and replace it. They are about $50. If you lease the receiver and pay for the service plan, just get it swapped out.

Here's my posting with an available drive model that will work for replacement, I had to just replace mine a couple weeks ago: http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...622-might-have-bought-farm-2.html#post2438467

There is a chance however that re-formating the internal drive will help. You have to move all recordings off first, as they will be wiped out.
Here's how you format, use the primary remote to do so:

Menu-6-3-Info-Right-Left-TV/Video to clear the NVRAM and then reboot. When it comes back up, do a: Menu-6-3-Info-Right-Left-Play-Play-Recall to format.

You will lose your timers! So copy them down first.

Primestar has some good advice. You can try deleting some of the newer recordings only at first to see if one of them may have corrupted the Hard drive. If the problem continues after all the steps posted above, replacing it would be the best option.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)