622 - how to tell if refurbished or new ??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
One way might be to go by the hardware rev #. New units should be in the F, G, or higher range by now.... If you just got an A or B, I'd bet it's a refurb. Look at the case itself in a good light. It should have NO scratches whatsoever, I'd think.

I just looked at my original packaging and it has no manufacture date that I can tell.

Did you buy this or is it on a lease ?? If you bought it, it HAS to be new unless the seller indicated otherwise. If it's a lease from Dish, it obviously can be either.

I think the last letter of the series number will tell you. It is the revision number of the mother board.

There was an other thread on this a year ago, cant remember the details.

Is there any way to tell if a 622 is refurbished or new ? I have the original box and packaging.

MY 522 has a sticker on the back. On it it has the s/n and the smart number number . In addtion to those numbers it states that the unit has been remanufactured. I believe that Dish or any company has to state on their products whehter or not they are new or they are remanufactured.

BTW, It is illegal to sell something as new if it isn't.

Ron

if you bought ird from dish i would bitch you wanted new not someone elses junk

if you lease unfortunately dish can do what they want

I'd want soemthing new too. But if they tell him it's rebuilt not much he can do I beleive. Could one ask for a new rather than a rebuilt one if you bought it from Dish. Which btw I didn't know you were able to buy from Dish anyway.

To be honest iwth you if all they did was replace the hard drive which is the only mechanical part in the entire unit I personally wouldn't care it it was rebuilt. Electronics either fails right away or it last for years. Most of the problems I hear about the dvr's are a bad hard drive anyway. So if that's replaced it should be just like new.

ron

Ron

if you bought ird from dish i would bitch you wanted new not someone elses junk

if you lease unfortunately dish can do what they want

I had a customer do this on me. While I was there. He was an HSP directv installer. Basically, after he drug it out for an hour and a half, they told him "Screw you, its OUR equipment that you are LEASING. We will install what we want." It was an 811. I never stopped installing during this whole time, but I did take a couple of ROFL breaks. Mostly, I was kinda pissed that he wanted me to use his cableing (rent house), and it was a hacked up DTV install complete with hex connectors and low frequency GBs spliced into exotic and unusual locales. :D

Is there any way to tell if a 622 is refurbished or new ? I have the original box and packaging.

The best way I've found to differentiate a new from a reman unit is to look at the 1st letter in the serial number. Most (but not all) new receivers start with an "R", whereas all reman units start with a "W".

I hope that helps.

The best way I've found to differentiate a new from a reman unit is to look at the 1st letter in the serial number. Most (but not all) new receivers start with an "R", whereas all reman units start with a "W".

I hope that helps.

Don't need to know that. AS i previously stated it has the word remanufactured on the sticker on the back. Can't get any simpler than that.

Ron

webbydude works for a Dish regional contractor and will probably see new and refurb'd units all the time. It sure sounds like he doesn't see the word "Remanufactured" on boxes or receivers too often....

That was true six months ago. It isn't any longer as too many retailers were screaming that remans failed more often than new even though the numbers said differently. Now they're mixed, purposely. Me, I'd rather have a reman all things considered. They're cheaper and have been tested more than the first time when the box is created.

I'd want soemthing new too. But if they tell him it's rebuilt not much he can do I beleive. Could one ask for a new rather than a rebuilt one if you bought it from Dish. Which btw I didn't know you were able to buy from Dish anyway.

To be honest iwth you if all they did was replace the hard drive which is the only mechanical part in the entire unit I personally wouldn't care it it was rebuilt. Electronics either fails right away or it last for years. Most of the problems I hear about the dvr's are a bad hard drive anyway. So if that's replaced it should be just like new.

ron

Ron

REceivers purchased from Dish must be new..Leased can be reamnufatured or new......

That was true six months ago. It isn't any longer as too many retailers were screaming that remans failed more often than new even though the numbers said differently. Now they're mixed, purposely. Me, I'd rather have a reman all things considered. They're cheaper and have been tested more than the first time when the box is created.
Exactly..I would much rather have a reman...There are brand new parts plus the thing has been bench tested before it goes out....New ones have not been bench tested....Besides the very second you plug in the new one it also becomes a "reman"...
I have had a couple of people whine about the reman boxes.. I tell them that not to worry, you're leasing and it's under warranty...That does it right there....

It doesn't have "reman" anywhere on it, and the serial starts with "R", so it is new.

The HDMI connection did not work on day one, and the HD has the "255" in the diagnostics. I think the latter may not reflect the actual condition, since I activated at the same point that many people received a "Your HD is corrupted" message, which actually was part of the update process (and I received the same message when the 622 updated from original software to the current L403).

Absolutely no problems so far, certainly E*'s best DVR yet (although I have already found a few minor GUI setup flaws - but that's only natural since I am a professional GUI programmer - I wrote the first ever scroll bars in unix).

I certainly agree about the benefits of remanufactured products - I bought a refurbished LCD HD TV and saved $100. It works perfectly - none of the minor problems reported by early adopters of the model - and even has the latest firmware already installed.

It only has one HDMI input (3 component), and my Toshiba 4990 upconverting DVD player (14 bit video) looks so good on HDMI, that I will probably never bother to replace the 622 for one with a working HDMI.

It doesn't have "reman" anywhere on it, and the serial starts with "R", so it is new.

The HDMI connection did not work on day one, and the HD has the "255" in the diagnostics. I think the latter may not reflect the actual condition, since I activated at the same point that many people received a "Your HD is corrupted" message, which actually was part of the update process (and I received the same message when the 622 updated from original software to the current L403).

Absolutely no problems so far, certainly E*'s best DVR yet (although I have already found a few minor GUI setup flaws - but that's only natural since I am a professional GUI programmer - I wrote the first ever scroll bars in unix).

I certainly agree about the benefits of remanufactured products - I bought a refurbished LCD HD TV and saved $100. It works perfectly - none of the minor problems reported by early adopters of the model - and even has the latest firmware already installed.

It only has one HDMI input (3 component), and my Toshiba 4990 upconverting DVD player (14 bit video) looks so good on HDMI, that I will probably never bother to replace the 622 for one with a working HDMI.
Correct .The receiver is new...To date I have not seen any 622 remans..I would imagine though reman 622's will show up....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)