622 in single mode /dual mode : audio /video problems.

MikeD-C05

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Nederland , Texas
I have noticed since L4.03 that on my 622 that I use in single mode, is having problems with the audio signal going to pcm from dolby digital 5.1 when a timer kicks in on the other tuner. I notice this whether it be an ota channel or a sat channel, and the sound will go from dolby digital sound to PCM and get loud as hell. ONce this happens I can't get my dolby digtial sound back till I change channels again.

I have also noticed when I try to put my 622 in dual mode a different problem. I tried to start a recording on TV1 that was recording on TV 2 for Good Morning America. The show would start ,then go live then replay from the start and go live several times till I hit the skip back button and then it would settle down. It would work for a while then it would then go back to live and skip back a bit almost like a stuttering. The only answer that time was to turn the receiver off and then back on and it didn't happen again.

So I can get around the audio problems in single mode by putting the receiver in Pcm all the time and putting my a/v receiver in MOvie mode so it sounds like dobly digital 5.1 on everything. But in dual mode this is quite a problem with the stuttering to live and repeating back and forth. A reboot didn't help either situation.

Does anyone else have similar problems?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts