622 Install Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DanielD

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 7, 2003
Mississippi
I just had Dish do a Dishmover at the new house. As I had an HD6000u I upgraded it to a 411 MPEG4 "just because". The analog tuner in the 6000 had died and I was tired of the crummy program guide.

I also had them install a Dish1000 instead of a 500. I had an old 508 too; the installer installed the 508 and the 411 to the Dish1000. Each receiver has a cable going from the Dish 1000 to my IT room and then down to the satellite receivers in the two rooms in the house.

My question is this. Once my 622 arrives (soon I hope) what hardware do I need to add the 3rd receiver to the system? In the IT room the cables from the Dish1000 are simply barrel connected to the coax feeds to the rooms so I can break it there and put in a splitter or whatever and then hook it up to the 622 and the 411.

Thanks!
Dan:confused:

Nope.

A standard D1000 comes with a DPP-Twin. It is capable of handling TWO receivers - NO more. In effect, it has a DPP32 switch. 3 birds, 2 boxes.

If you are stuck with one feed cable per room, you will need a DPP44 switch added to the mix. The installer should do this as part of the 622 installation.

Cheaper would be a DP34, but you must have two feeds for the 622.

Also, you have to replace the DPP twin with a regular DP twin, which is cheap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)