622 Install - Which Receiver to Keep...?

chunchma

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 27, 2004
Milford, New Jersey
Well, my 622 is supposed to be installed tomorrow. That means I will have an extra 4900 and 811. One of them is supposed to be returned to Dish as part of the upgrade deal.

Which one should I keep? I would just use it for a spare bedroom and I don't have an OTA so I'm not sure if the 811 would ever be of any use.

Thoughts...opinions...?

Thx!

If you own them both why do you have to return either? Are they paying your the $25 for it? I have a 811 and a 311 that I own and I am going to return them the 311 for the $25 because selling it seems like it wouldn't get much more for it on ebay.

On a simmilar topic, if I own all my own equipment and they come to install the 622 and the Dish1000 should I try and keep the Dish500 that will be taken down? I suspect I will not own the Dish1000 since I am upgrading as part of a lease deal. I don't have much use for the Dish 500 but it seems like one day it could be useful.

My installer left me my dish when I was upgraded to the 105 SD for locals. If you want it then just ask. He probably wouldn't care.

MacKenzieIII - yes, I own the receivers. I'm just going to return the 4900 (which is actually a 4700 that was upgraded via software). I don't recall specifically being told I would get a $25 credit but will monitor my account. I would not get a whole heck of alot more selling it on eBay so it's not worth the trouble to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts