622 Install

beliveauj

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 17, 2006
:eek: I called Dish today to talk to them about the 622.She told me that I could not install it myself and that I had to have a dealer install it.Is this true? Thanks everyone for trying to help this new member.Jim

For the most part they are not allowing self installs anymore. However, some have been lucky enough that E* just ships them the receiver and they do a self install. I would try a different CSR and see if you get lucky.

We are fulltiming in a RV and are in AZ.with our account in Mn.at our mailing address.She said they could only ship to Mn.I told her then I would buy one and install it myself but she told me I would have to pay a dealer to install it.Sure makes it hard to be a happy customer.

I bought one and then called to activate it and there was no hassle. I went through Tech Service vs. a CSR - they are generally a better bet for several reasons. I think a lot has to do with how much change is needed to the rest of the system if any (I already was an HD customer) and how well they think you know what you're doing based on your apparent understanding of the equipment, etc. In my case I didn't need to change any of the peripheral equipment, just rearrange two other receivers. Since they were getting more monthly fees out of me with this activation that may have helped grease the wheels, YMMV. I made my move in May. As RandallA mentioned, things may have changed since then, but I also agree that if you try again you may have better luck. Check with a techie...

I wouldn't use this as your only reason to buy the 622 vs. leasing it but if you were inclined to buy one anyway this is the time. DishStore and other retailers will probably ship it anywhere you want. What other equipment do you need? If you need an additional or new dish and the works, you might still want to consider leasing it and letting the professional install it for you because you can get the rest of the equipment included in the deal that way.

Good luck with it...!

Again the problem.They will only ship to Minnesota and I'm in a Fifth Wheel RV in Arizona and they said even if they would ship it here they don't do installs in a RV and that I would have to pay a Dish dealer to install it.

Then maybe a purchase from a retailer is your best option. Call Claude at DishStore and tell him your story. He may know a workaround...

IMHO buy it........if u can't install it....return it....what's it going to hurt?

I went from a 211 to a 622 and the CSR insisted that an installer needed to do something to get it installed...Fine whatever...

Dude gets there....I unhook the 211....he (and this is complicated...so read carefully so u can keep up with me.) He opens the box. Takes out the 622. Screws the dual co-axials into the switch (pardon i don't kno the official terms)...takes the line from the wall and screws it into the switch. Then it gets really complicated. He turns the TV on...presses the power on the remote and waits.

It took him longer to fill out the paperwork than it did do the install. I must say though, this was an offical DISH installer and he showed up at 11:30 for a 12:00 appointment. I did appreciate that.

I bought mine from Fry's Electronic's. I already had 2 dish's on the roof, one @ 61.5 the other @ 119/100. Hooked up the 611, called HD tech and they tried to tell me the same thing--professional install needed. I used technical terms explaining how I had signal from all sats. and switch tested OK and she went ahead and activated me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts