622 installation question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

RBHD

Original poster
Dec 8, 2004
Hi,

I've tried to do my research but am still unclear on a couple of things for installing a 622 DVR. I live in Los Angeles. I only need to have one room hooked up, and it is pre-wired with only one coax in the wall.

1. Can I get the satellite signals, as well as OTA HD, all through one coax cable, or do I need some elaborate/expensive switcher set up?

2. Is the Dish 1000 with Dish Pro Plus Twin LNB a "standard" installation? Some people have told me that this is all that I need for a one coax solution, but a local dealer insists that I need to buy a DPP44 from him for $200.

3. Do I really need the $5.99 a month "Dish Home Protection Plan" insurance policy? If I'm leasing equipment and it breaks, won't Dish replace it for me anyway?

Thanks

Hi,

I've tried to do my research but am still unclear on a couple of things for installing a 622 DVR. I live in Los Angeles. I only need to have one room hooked up, and it is pre-wired with only one coax in the wall.

1. Can I get the satellite signals, as well as OTA HD, all through one coax cable, or do I need some elaborate/expensive switcher set up?

2. Is the Dish 1000 with Dish Pro Plus Twin LNB a "standard" installation? Some people have told me that this is all that I need for a one coax solution, but a local dealer insists that I need to buy a DPP44 from him for $200.

3. Do I really need the $5.99 a month "Dish Home Protection Plan" insurance policy? If I'm leasing equipment and it breaks, won't Dish replace it for me anyway?

Thanks

Hi,

1. You can combine the signal prior to entering the house and then separate it prior to the receiver. I like having a separate line for the OTA, or depending on where you live in relation to the towers, you might be able to use a good indoor. Check out antennaweb.org

2. No, you DO NOT need a DPP44 switch if you only have a receiver. Sounds like he wants some extra dough. Tell him to throw it in for free and you'll take it;)

3. If you complain long enough and loud enough, they'll usually replace it.

Scott

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)