622 Installed today pics and comments

iceshark

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 10, 2004
Pacific Northwest
Well at about 715pm they indy installer showed up. His name Jeremy. Very nice guy and very apologetic for being so late. I told him is was all good. Just happy to see him.

He went to work right away. He put up new DPPlus dual on my Dish 500 for 110-119. Then wasted no time with a lousy dish 1000 and put up a separate Dish 500 wing for 129.

Then just as promised pulled out a shiny new DPP-44:D Took down my DP-34 and said I could have it. I said you keep it. He was very appreciative.

He peaked sats and did great job with wires. All in all this part took him about 20 minutes.

Said he has had some fix jobs that were scheduled for an hour that took much more and he was an hour or more drive from last job. Said he gets lots of Dish nets weekend and overflow jobs. Seem Dishnet may not actually install on Sat and SUn in my area and farms out to indy contractors.

In my cast I feel very lucky to have gotten such a true pro. He knew what to do and did it. Very clean job.

Then to the inside. We put the power inverter for the 44 at the 622. Also I plugged in my big Channel master dual fly swatter off air antenna on my roof.

Checked signal and 129 was at 76-79 YES!!!!!! He said it was the highest he had seen yet in our Seattle footprint. He said if he used the 1000 it would be about 46-56 at best. Lots of fade. I still am going to convert 129 to my old Voom 30 inch dish. Hopefully the DP rectangle LNB from Microtel will work with the Dishproplus setup already into the 44.

Got on phone with dish and the tech was in AMERICA and was nice. He did try and charge me for DVR for my 508. Had to check with supervisor to make sure it was free. He came back and said yes.

Total charges 49.95 for HD silver
5.95 for Locals
5.95 for DVR (622)
Not bad!

Here are pics of setup.

Attachments

• Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 342
  • Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 313
  • Picture 010.jpg
    Picture 010.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 420
  • Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 011.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 452
  • Picture 014.jpg
    Picture 014.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 313
  • Picture 017.jpg
    Picture 017.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 342
Last edited:
FantasyChannel said:
Cool. Did that top dish ever have a dish network logo on it? :D

Thats funny! Guess it proves I am a DISH FOR LIFE GUY:D It did at one time long ago! I have an original single legacy dish from 1997 and 2 old DTV dishes, one white Sony one and one HUGHES!

It certainly sounds like your install went better than mine. At least it is working. I wish I had gotten the second dish for those other locals before so that a DPP44 would have been on the invoice. This guy seemed competent enough with the hardware, but he had to go back up (roof install with all of our trees) to re-peak one of the dishes. But it took him over a half an hour to get it activated. He got connected to an Indian CSR. I thought installers had a direct number to call, especially E* installer.

He was here for over 3 hours! & I still had to reconnect the component cables since he does seem to be able to match colors. Everyone was green! :eek: The HDMI cable should be here by Tuesday.

Good to hear you got setup Peggy. Yea I lucked out with the 44. It was another member here who pushed me to push Dish for it. Glad he did.

I hope your Hdmi works well. I had my DVI with my dish 921 and my component cables looked better. I hear it depends on your TV. Let me know how it goes and maybe I will get a convertor for my DVI cable.

My signal on 110- 87to95 119-93to104 ish.
Very nice!

iceshark said:
My signal on 110- 87to95 119-93to104 ish.
Very nice!

Oh good. Glad to know that. Whenever I've been using a 44 switch I've been using nothing but duals on the dish because I was getting a little higher signal. I can't tell what kind of DPP Twin you have in the pic but I know there are 3 different makers. You obviously have one that is better than others, probably Sharp. The last batch of twins I got said Sharp Electronics on the box. There are other twins that are very lightweight and feel like nothing is in them, could be why I was having trouble before. :D

Ugh. One problem. If a tech is going to take the time to use weather-proof boots on a switch that's mounted outside, he should at least use some that cover the ENTIRE length of the input post.

And I won't even get into a discussion of absentee grounding.

Just my two-cents.

622 Install

Is that D500 with single DP lnb aimed at 129 or 148? If it is aimed at 129 it sure looks like it is a quite away west compared to the other Dish, also it appears in the photo that the lower dish is skewed a little. I have an install for 622 Tuesday afternoon and might try to get installer to change my DP twin for 129 to a DPdual which I have already but don't have an "I" adapter for, if this happens I might try a little skew. My signal strenghs right now with the DP twin are from 67 to 85, but I have discovered that all the higher signals are for tps that are not transmitting the channels that we get.

webbydude said:
...And I won't even get into a discussion of absentee grounding...
Yeah - Unless the grounding blocks are somewhere out of the pictures, they certainly seem to be absent. Iceshark - you should confirm that. No grounding = code violation = QC failure! The dishes themselves should also be grounded, check that too. If you don't have grounds, get them back there to correct that problem!

My 1-cent worth; webbydude got the rest...

I read in another forum that Dish Network is not installing the D1000 in the Pacific Northwest anymore. They are going with the 2 dish solution because of too many complaints on 129 being too weak.

bhelms said:
Yeah - Unless the grounding blocks are somewhere out of the pictures, they certainly seem to be absent. Iceshark - you should confirm that. No grounding = code violation = QC failure! The dishes themselves should also be grounded, check that too. If you don't have grounds, get them back there to correct that problem!

Here we go again!

webbydude said:
Ugh. One problem. If a tech is going to take the time to use weather-proof boots on a switch that's mounted outside, he should at least use some that cover the ENTIRE length of the input post.

And I won't even get into a discussion of absentee grounding.

Just my two-cents.

Ya I think as it got dark he forgot the boots. Luckily I have extras from my old 34's. Covered them today. As for the ground I told him to leave it as I have a ground strap on a water outlet about 5 feet away and I want to run my ground strap myself to hide it. GREAT OBSERVATIONS!

The one thing I would challenge is the dish ground. I have never ground the dish. Just the cables and switch. So please share some wisdom on that!

Last edited:
Ok to the other post. YES I DID PROGRAM MY ONKYO. It works fine. It is the first code listed in book. Set to AUX.

As for dish 500. Yes its pointing to 129. The twins are on 110-119 yes they are skewed to my zip. (Wa state) Great signal on all.

Both dish and the indys will talk you out of dish 1000 as it will get you only 45-53 signal on 129 when 110-119 peaked.

Yes Dpp are Sharp made.

Lastly the indy installer was better then any high turnover poor trained dish installer I have ever witnessed from our local dish unit ( I know you other Dish installer here ROCK! No offense intended) He gave me what I wanted, stayed late at night to get it done when Dish local guys leave at 530 tops and I told him to hold off on the ground strap for myself to do it. It is currently grounded on a ground block not in the picture on 3 rg6 runs into home. I just need to ground dpp-44 and an waiting to get some feedback on the idea of grounding the actual dish.

622 Install

I didn't see a cable for your 148, is that still part of your system? As to grounding the 44 switch, I think I have read that it should not be grounded, only cables and dishs.

Dirtydan said:
I didn't see a cable for your 148, is that still part of your system? As to grounding the 44 switch, I think I have read that it should not be grounded, only cables and dishs.

Good call Dan, I just read that as well! So my cable grounds are fine. Still have never grounded dish as it does not call for it on Installation manual. Plus no lightning around here like the midwest. But I will if I can hear the benifits?

As for 148, That dish was moved for 129 dish. He asked if I REALLY wanted him to put it back up. I said I wont tell if you dont! End of 148!

622 Install

What is funny about this ground thing is that I have my DP34 grounded (by installer) and my two D500's are not grounded. Never has been a problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)