622 installed today - Sunday - interesting

ctcohen04

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 3, 2004
My 622 install was scheduled for yesterday, Saturday noon to 5pm. Installer called at about 9:30 am to reschedule since they had no DPP 44s. Okay, kind of expected that after reading some of the posts here. Rescheduled for Wednesday, just 4 days off, not tooooo bad.

About 11am this morning, door bell rings - Installer is here for Dish. Great, i'm home, he has dish 1000 Dpp44 and extra separators.

All goes well until he starts testing the switch in checkswitch. Keeps trying 1 of 38, not 1 of 4. Deja vu for my original install 2+ years ago ( shorted coax, mixed DP and legacy - I fixed it as the installer never came back). The installer today was a nice guy, tried, but decided that the DPP44 was bad and said he'd be back tomorrow morning with a new one. He used my DP34 to install 2 of my 3 dual tuners - I chose the 622 as one and he got it activated.

Luckily he left the "bad" DPP44. After he was gone, I disconnected everything, used a tone generator to make sure I had the correct cables and hooke deverything back up one receiver at a time. Guess what? The DPP 44 is fine and everything is all hooked up and working!

I need him to run a ground wire when he comes back tomorrow and am going to push him to fine tune the dish. I am in California, Central Coast area and am getting mid 50s to low 80s, (mostly 55-65 on 129 and only averaging mid 80s on 119) I think I should get better than that _ Any comments on signal strength?
I watched him adjust the dish and it was very fast with a small meter for 119.

Anyway, glad to have it all up and running - hope to have Sopranos recording here in HD in a few minutes.

TC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)