622 Installed Today

ralfyguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 17, 2005
McAlester, Oklahoma
Got my 622 installed today. Highest TP reads 88, lowest reads 70. OTA works great too. The only thing that bugs me is the resolution. I have to set the 622 to 4x3 to get the HD channels in 16x9. But then all SD content is with black pillars. If I set the 622 to 16x9, the SD stuff looks right, but then the HD stuff is letterboxed and squeezed. It's hooked up via HDMI to DVI on my TV. This is annoying!
By the way, the SD stuff looks better than from my 625.

I tied back and forth, but I can't help it: The component output looks better than HDMI. It's sharper and the blacks are deeper. I tried all different resolutions, but setting the 622 to 1080i and using component makes the best picture. Am I alone with this?

I wonder why it is that way. It almost seems like the resolution on component is higher than on HDMI/DVI, even though it isn't.

ralfyguy said:
Got my 622 installed today. Highest TP reads 88, lowest reads 70. OTA works great too. The only thing that bugs me is the resolution. I have to set the 622 to 4x3 to get the HD channels in 16x9. But then all SD content is with black pillars. If I set the 622 to 16x9, the SD stuff looks right, but then the HD stuff is letterboxed and squeezed. It's hooked up via HDMI to DVI on my TV. This is annoying!
By the way, the SD stuff looks better than from my 625.

Your highest TP is 88? Do you have a lot of trees or something blocking the sky? That seems a little low for a max reading. I hit 120 on some of my transponders.

psumattDE said:
Your highest TP is 88? Do you have a lot of trees or something blocking the sky? That seems a little low for a max reading. I hit 120 on some of my transponders.
Sorry, the max was for the 129 location. No the other maximum is 96 on TP11/119. And yes I got trees I can't cut. But never had rain fade before, except heavy T-storms. Got a new setup on the side of the roof coming next couple of days. I'll post pics, cuz y'all gonna love this!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts